PDA

View Full Version : Unique 60gal "Via Aqua" aquarium: Victoria BC

erikages
11-18-2005, 04:19 AM
This is a unique 60gal "Via Aqua 100" curved front glass aquarium. Purchased for $600 2 years ago. Will sell for $200 or best offer.

Here's the blurb from the website: ViaAqua® R-1 100 Series aquariums use state of the art technology to provide seamless viewing in every glass aquarium manufactured. All aquariums are made using the highest quality floated glass to ensure durability and clarity.

Finally a glass aquarium with radius corners that will not scratch or craze like acrylic and plastic aquariums. Each tank is filtered with a large dual stage wet/dry filter. Enclosed in an aluminum hood are three rows of fluorescent lights with independent switches for each row. ViaAqua® aquariums are designed for freshwater and saltwater environments.

• Radius corner glass aquarium
• Large dual Wet/Dry filtration
• Quiet
• Energy efficient
• Fluorescent lighting (added note: 3 25-30watt 36" 4-month old bulbs; 1 @ 50/50; 1 @ full spectrum and 1 actinic)
• Easy installation
• Easy maintenance

I've had to cut out a portion of the wet/dry filtration canopy to allow for a protein skimmer, but can glue the pieces back if desired. It's a great tank--and very unique, like something out of a '50s diner.

I'm selling--moved to a 90gal built-in tank.

Click here for Via Aqua distributer website: http://www.commodityaxis.com/ProductData.aspx?id=76...but note that the photo on the site is faux wood--mine is a dark metallic grey.

Will consider selling stand: a Shaker-style antique oak cabinet with two drawers and large cabinet beneath (where I operated a chiller).