PDA

View Full Version : Dolphin Silent Sea exchange for Amp Master?

titus
12-02-2001, 09:25 PM
Hello,

I heard it many times before. Never thought it would happen. I even bought the Titanium version. Oh well. My Dolphin Silent Sea 1200T has just failed tonight.

I looked at their site and Dolphin says they would exchange the pump with the AmpMaster 3000 on the retail difference, which is $90.00, plus $20.00 shipping. Sweet. Anyone has tried this before?

If this work out, I'll have the Amp Master 3000 before you do Scott! images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Titus

Shadetree
12-02-2001, 11:51 PM
Titus,

You may have the actual pump before I do, but I have a use for it before you. Email me if you would be interested in some kind of trade for the Ampmaster, maybe I could buy you a more appropriate pump for your tank and trade some cash. Please let me know.

Scott

Troy F
12-02-2001, 11:59 PM
Titus will have to reinforce the joints on his aquarium and lower the water level. Titus you could just modify the top of your aquarium into a kind of riser column and your tank could double as a skimmer images/smiles/icon_smile.gif .

titus
12-03-2001, 02:04 AM
Hello Scott,

Um.... tempting. Quietness and low heat transfer are the two most important thing. I don't know of any pumps that are good in both other than the Amp Master. It's even cooler than my Silent Sea right now, with like 3 times the volume. images/smiles/icon_eek.gif But let me know if you find anything with a smaller gph rating but is also quiet and cool.

Actually I was thinking of using it as both return and skimmmer pump. This way I can have a bit of a higher turnover rate. images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Titus

titus
12-03-2001, 12:21 PM
Hello Scott,

Have you actually heard of the GRI pumps? They are rated for 8 hrs run dry capable? Ouch. I wonder how quiet they are.

Titus

SuperFudge
12-03-2001, 11:28 PM
Titus,
How long did you have the other pump before it gave in?
Regarding shipping...what would i be looking at to ship the ampmaster pump here @ say 15-18lbs?

Does anyone here have some experience with Ampmaster pumps,or know of anyone?

Do they perform aswell as their claims,regarding low heat and low draw?

Been to the site,but just wondering if anyone had some first hand experience.
I would like to purchase one also.

Thanks guys,
Marc.

[ 03 December 2001: Message edited by: Fudge ]

titus
12-04-2001, 03:46 AM
Hello Fudge,

Shipping from Premium Aquatics at 18lbs is $19.74 USD via UPS Standard. I've never seen it first hand nor know anyone actually own one. But I'd assume it's better than the Silent Sea series. I'm actually quite happy with the Silent Sea pump I have... for about a year.

Titus