PDA

View Full Version : Plumbing Issues

Mike Olson
11-16-2005, 04:47 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been asked to do a brief overview of reef aquarium plumbing....fittings, types of pipe, how to gluee a proper leak free joint, types of glue etc. I have been a plumber/gasfitter for 16 years and counting. I have work with a vast array of PVC's, ABS's, Polyeurathane etc.
I would like to get a feel for the kind of issues and questions that reefers are coming accross. This overview would be approx. 10-15 mins long so I want to make sure I get the concerns in, as well as the basics.
Thanks for your help
Mike

rusty
11-16-2005, 09:50 AM
Well Mike yu might want to adddress the issue of reusing plumbing. Lots of reefers like to change thier systems as they progress in the hobby. Plumbing parts can get can come to a costly sum so reusing some of the more exspensive parts can save them some money. ( to be spent on frags)

mark
11-17-2005, 02:50 AM
Tips and techniques.

Here's some tips from another forum http://www.oceansmotions.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=204

I also seen a post somewhere with a picture and caption explaining the purpose of about every PVC fitting available, can't find that though (but still looking).