PDA

View Full Version : Plumbing Questions

Mike Olson
11-16-2005, 04:45 AM
I have been asked to do a brief overview of reef aquarium plumbing....fittings, types of pipe, how to gluee a proper leak free joint, types of glue etc. I have been a plumber/gasfitter for 16 years and counting. I have work with a vast array of PVC's, ABS's, Polyeurathane etc.
I would like to get a feel for the kind of issues and questions that reefers are coming accross. This overview would be approx. 10-15 mins long so I want to make sure I get the concerns in, as well as the basics.
Thanks for your help
Mike

StirCrazy
11-16-2005, 12:09 PM
I have been asked to do a brief overview of reef aquarium plumbing....fittings, types of pipe, how to gluee a proper leak free joint, types of glue etc. I have been a plumber/gasfitter for 16 years and counting. I have work with a vast array of PVC's, ABS's, Polyeurathane etc.
I would like to get a feel for the kind of issues and questions that reefers are coming accross. This overview would be approx. 10-15 mins long so I want to make sure I get the concerns in, as well as the basics.
Thanks for your help
Mike

Noise is one of the bigest concerns, as well as leaks, material selection, glue selection, probably more that I can't think of right now.

Steve

trilinearmipmap
11-16-2005, 01:49 PM
How to glue pvc joints without getting the purple primer running all over the pvc making a big mess.

SuperFudge
11-16-2005, 03:23 PM
How to glue pvc joints without getting the purple primer running all over the pvc making a big mess.

( Top Secret )

Dont use the purple primer. :lol:

WWWD
11-16-2005, 04:03 PM
id second noise, maybe going over some of the standpipe options.

Delphinus
11-16-2005, 04:50 PM
"Is is OK to use ABS?" <-- There's one that seems to have a lot of conflicting info out there.

StirCrazy
11-16-2005, 10:43 PM

um.. don't tell anyone but there is clear primer and clear glue out there :mrgreen:

Steve

TrailFish
11-18-2005, 05:27 PM
Any "tricks of the trade" to that would make the whole assembly process easier would be helpful.