PDA

View Full Version : Movie Review

Troy F
12-24-2001, 12:55 AM
Hey everyone. Just thought I'd give you a quick review of Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship of the Ring. As a huge LOTR fan/geek I was thrilled with the movie. The director changed a few things but all and all I could see his reasoning. It is long, somewhere around three hours but worth the price of admission. If you were a fan of the books, you won't be disappointed.

Shadetree
12-24-2001, 01:55 AM
I have never read the books but I must concur that the movie was excellent.

Scott

BCReefer
12-24-2001, 12:33 PM
My buddies and I are making it a guys night out. Some beers and a movie, what more could a guy want?

SuperFudge
12-24-2001, 12:36 PM
Awesome.....big fan here too!!

I thought i was the only adult(i know,i know...its debatable)that loved that trilogy.

Its real nice when youve got kids......everyone thinks that im bringing my daughter to see the show...including my daughter!! images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

So i take it there will be three movies?

Marc.

Shadetree
12-24-2001, 01:35 PM
The three movies are already filmed, the final editing is not done on the second two yet. They figure next Christmas will be the next release.

Scott

smokinreefer
12-24-2001, 06:55 PM
images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

canadawest
12-24-2001, 08:42 PM
You wanna about LOTR fan/geeks, you should have went to the howing of LOTR at the IMAX theatre last week. Now I wasn't there, but my really close friends went and they said that 1/3 of the theatre was dressed up in character!

Elves, dwarves, hobbits, wizards and warriors were all there in full dress. Apparently at the end of the movie when the female elf waves goodbye, half the theatre waved back! Now that is almost as bad as the Star Wars groupies and Trekkies out there going to premiers.

PS.. Can't wait to go see it myself!