PDA

View Full Version : lion not very active

adidas
11-14-2005, 09:02 PM
Yesterday i noticed my lion is just sittin on the bottom resting, he is usually quite active. Every other fish is fine, params are fine. Any ideas what is wrong? or is there anything wrong?

DanG
11-14-2005, 09:54 PM
What are you feeding him?

adidas
11-14-2005, 10:03 PM
What are you feeding him?

minnows loaded up with flake and cyclopeze

meltdownaverted
11-15-2005, 12:34 AM
Could it be possible that you are overfeeding? No need to move when food comes to you.

JSTR
11-15-2005, 01:27 AM
How big is the lionfish now?

When they are same like yours, they will spend a considerable amount of time hiding, motionless somewhee, and only really tour the tank in search of food.

As long as the colour is still good and the fish isnt breathing heavy, should be ok. My lions would always go and hid to digest a big meal, kindof like me after Thanksgiving turkey.

adidas
11-15-2005, 04:53 AM
lol i found the problem! my large anemone hermit crab was terrorizing him, he was caught holding the lion by the tail and trying to eat him :eek: ... we banned the crab to my fuge... Bad crab!

something funny tonight, aparently my saddleback clowns are predators now - ifed a minnow into the tank and the lil clown bit its tail off, and the big clown swallowed the rest of the minnow... thought that was kinda funny :lol: