PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Plastic FLOAT Valve

GMGQ
11-14-2005, 07:12 PM
I had ordered one from ebay, but almost 2 months later, I never got it (I recently filed a complaint on paypal and the seller agreed to refund me). So I'm still SOL for a Float Valve.

Does anyone know where I can get one locally?? Just a plastic one with a 1/4" OD John Guest fitting. TIA.

BMW Rider
11-14-2005, 08:00 PM
I use the humidifier floats form Home Depot. They have a 1/4" compression fitting that works with the plastic tubing.

Invigor
11-14-2005, 08:21 PM
I use the humidifier floats form Home Depot. They have a 1/4" compression fitting that works with the plastic tubing.

me too, but I buy mine from RONA..same one but $2 cheaper :mrgreen:

muck
11-14-2005, 08:30 PM

me too, but I buy mine from RONA..same one but $2 cheaper :mrgreen:
So go to Home Depot and get 10% off of Rona's price.. :razz:

Invigor
11-14-2005, 08:43 PM
haha funny, i walk by that "price match + 10% lower guarantee" sign everytime I go, but never does it dawn on me...lol!

adidas
11-14-2005, 08:53 PM
i bought one at petland in the pond section..a pond float valve it fits on regular 1/2" tubing. IIRC it was $10.

adidas
11-14-2005, 08:54 PM

I was looking in Home Depot but for the life of me, I just could not find one! :confused:

KrazyKuch
11-14-2005, 09:17 PM
Now why would you go and support the americans when it's cheaper at Rona....Shop Canadian man!!!

muck
11-14-2005, 09:23 PM
Now why would you go and support the americans when it's cheaper at Rona....Shop Canadian man!!!

Looks like we got ourselves a company man here.. woot woot!! :razz: :razz:

KrazyKuch
11-14-2005, 09:25 PM
What Can I say the more everyone spends at Rona the more I get for a bonus!!! lol...Not to metion I just hate Homedepot they have treated me badly in the past!!

Chin_Lee
11-14-2005, 09:48 PM

what section at home depot carries this item?

Delphinus
11-14-2005, 09:55 PM
In the furnace and related stuff area. :biggrin:

GMGQ
11-14-2005, 10:14 PM
Wow, thanks you guys! A Humidifier float valve eh? Who'd a thunk.

I'll check out Home Depot (cuz it's closest to me; although the Rona is on the same street, about 20 blocks down, so that will be Plan B).

Oh I just did a quick google of these things. It appears that they all have metal parts? Stainless steal I'm guessing? Is that OK with SW?

Delphinus
11-14-2005, 10:47 PM
The ones I'm thinking of don't have metal parts. They might come with a little brass insert you put into the tubing for the compression fitting but that's it (and you don't have to use that).

Chin_Lee
11-14-2005, 11:17 PM
The ones I'm thinking of don't have metal parts. They might come with a little brass insert you put into the tubing for the compression fitting but that's it (and you don't have to use that).

Tony
next time you are in home depot, can you note down the item #? i believe is usually 6 digits long ie 146 633.
thanks
cwlee

vanreefer
11-14-2005, 11:23 PM
I'd be interested in the part # as well
thanks,
Dan

Delphinus
11-14-2005, 11:28 PM
Sure, I'll try to remember next time I'm there. It shouldn't be that hard to find though. In the furnace section, find the furnace humidifiers. There is usually a selection of models. The ones that have a rotating drum will use a black plastic float valve. I'm not sure but it might even be the only float valve they carry. It will be in the selection of replacement parts for the humidifiers and is a black ABS plastic float valve with a little knob for some rudimentary level adjusting. It should be about $10. I can take a picture of the ones I use maybe if that would help?

BMW Rider
11-15-2005, 12:03 AM

Because the HD is 1 Km from my house and the Rona is 15.

I do get some of my PVC parts at Rona because they have a way better selection.

muck
11-15-2005, 12:16 AM
hmm... maybe we are spoiled in Edmonton as pretty much all the Ronas have a Home Depot right next door.. :mrgreen:

Invigor
11-15-2005, 03:41 AM
it's black, looks cheap, and is in a clear fronted blue and white bag made by "wait".

should be about $7.99ish.

when I was at HD they were sold out, but restocked quickly..so maybe check back again.

Delphinus
11-18-2005, 04:44 AM
Haven't made it to Home Depot yet but I'll go there tomorrow. I did, however, go into Rona today and I noticed they don't have the style I use anymore, they have some other style now with metal parts. Not sure why the change and I don't know if it's just this one Rona or all of them.

But I did come across one in my bag-o-miscellaneous stuff, I had bought one a few weeks ago for my soon-to-be-online 115g cube so I thought I'd snap a picture of it so you can see what it looks like (in case you're still interested in the info). I'll check the SKU# tomorrow when I'm at HD.

http://members.shaw.ca/hobiesailor/aquaria/misc/floatvalve.jpg

Tony
next time you are in home depot, can you note down the item #? i believe is usually 6 digits long ie 146 633.
thanks
cwlee

GMGQ
11-18-2005, 07:33 PM
Hey I did go to HD last weekend. Found the humidifiers, but they didnt really have any replacement parts. I even asked the guy in the aisle. He pointed me to the plumbing section for those Toilet float valves.

Invigor
11-18-2005, 07:41 PM
mine is exactly the same as the one tony posted a pic of.

Delphinus
11-19-2005, 12:58 AM
Tony

Ok made it to HD today. HD SKU# = 140-460. $7.97 :biggrin:

Hey I did go to HD last weekend. Found the humidifiers, but they didnt really have any replacement parts. I even asked the guy in the aisle. He pointed me to the plumbing section for those Toilet float valves.

Should be in the furnace aisle, for the furnace humidifiers and parts. Other things in the aisle would be vent covers, ducting, replacement humidifier evaporative pads, humidistats, etc.

Chin_Lee
11-19-2005, 05:52 AM

GMGQ
11-19-2005, 07:08 AM
Yup, that was the aisle I was in. Like I said, I even asked the HD guy who was working in that aisle.

I'll try that SKU next time.

Should be in the furnace aisle, for the furnace humidifiers and parts. Other things in the aisle would be vent covers, ducting, replacement humidifier evaporative pads, humidistats, etc.