PDA

View Full Version : 5-inch Black Rhom Piranha

Megalodon
11-14-2005, 02:33 AM
Price: C $100.00

Beautiful, healthy, flawless fish. Five-inches-long, wild-born, quite vicious and aggressive, must be kept alone with little or no lighting and a pH of about 6.5. Vancouver water is perfect because it's soft.

Unlike red-belly piranhas, this species from deep in the dark waters of the Amazon does not breed in captivity, has a reputation of being the most aggressive piranha, cannot be kept with other fish (even its own kind), and only grows a half-inch to an inch per year. It loves tearing into goldfish and is a messy eater, so it needs it's gravel siphoned and water partially-changed regularly. Full grown in captivity can be more than 12 inches and will be worth a lot of money, so it can be considered somewhat of an investment. (I've read that full-grown Black's can be worth more than a grand.) As an adult, it's skin will turn a blackish-grey and it's eyes red.

I bought it at a specialty fish shop in Burnaby two years ago, when it was about an inch shorter. Unfortunately I must sell it as I'm moving to a smaller apartment. I will only sell to a good home with an owner who appreciates a species like this. I also have a tank and some equipment that can come with it for a little extra money.

I'm in Surrey/North Delta by the Alex Fraser Bridge.

Megalodon
11-16-2005, 07:11 AM
Still available. Best offer. Any takers?

NanoReef
11-16-2005, 01:12 PM
are these also known as "gold brazilian"????

Megalodon
12-01-2005, 10:44 AM
are these also known as "gold brazilian"????These are different than golds.

It's still available.