PDA

View Full Version : coral banded picking on anenome?

Diana
11-12-2005, 11:45 PM
Hi there i have a BTA that was doing quite well until it found its home in the same cave as my large coral banded shrimp. First i didnt think this would be a problem... until my anenome started staying shrunk up and i observed my coral banded grabbing at it and bugging it.

Do I need to get rid of my coral banded, or isolate him?

Or is my anenome just not doing too well?

Thanks
-Diana

SeaHorse_Fanatic
11-13-2005, 12:40 AM
Diana,

If you have a safe place to put the CBS for a few days, maybe try catching it out & seeing what effect (if any) this has on your BTA. Without seeing it, any response would be an educated guess.

BTW, what type of lighting is on the anemone tank, since most anemones really do better under MH.

Good luck,

Anthony

Diana
11-13-2005, 03:25 AM
Its 130 watts coralife PC on a 20 gallon tank.

I know anenomes are tricky, and it was kind of an impulse buy at big als for $15, so thats why i wouldnt be suprised if it was shrunk up because of the environment... although it was doing well before the shrimp started picking on it. Equally the shrimp could be picking on it because its not doing well though.

I will try moving the shrimp to a 5 gallon quarantine tank and see what happens.

:D
-Diana

trilinearmipmap
11-13-2005, 05:59 AM
FWIW I used to have a pair of CBS until my BTA ate them.

DanG
11-13-2005, 04:29 PM
I've seen CBS being agressive towards BTA's trying to open them up to get the food they're digesting. You could try target feeding the CBS to see if he lays off the anemone.