PDA

View Full Version : More time for my tank!

canadawest
12-01-2001, 04:34 AM
Well due to unfortunate circumstances, my company laid off all it's staff this week.

Today was my last day, but the bright side is now I've got more time to spend at home with my tank. And I can sleep in every day! Lets just hope I can be a productive member of the EI Ski team for a month or longer, and still keep my house!

And BTW, now I have more time on my hands, and people tend to go a bit crazy when they have too much time on their hands (see Darren and Marc)... And I will go POSTAL if someone doesn't make the snowflakes stop slowing my computer down to an almost unbearable crawl. (And this isn't any 486 I'm running here either!)

StirCrazy
12-01-2001, 02:25 PM
Andrew, sorry about the job situation .. thease are weird snowflakes normaly if you hit your stop button java script will stop but not this one LOL

I don't notice any slow down till I get 4 windows open on this board untill then they don't do anything to my computer.

Steve

Acro
12-01-2001, 07:13 PM
Hey andrew sorry to here. Now imagine not having a tank you would get pretty board I'm laid of to so if your going on a lfs run give me a shout I can bring by that mag about the wrasse's if you didn't pick one up yet later jamie

reefburnaby
12-01-2001, 11:48 PM
Sorry to hear, Andrew. The good news is that the economy has more or less flatten out...so there is only the up side.

It may be quite easy to find another job in your area. Unfortunately, my company isn't hiring for the next year.

Good luck !

- Victor.

[ 01 December 2001: Message edited by: reefburnaby ]

SuperFudge
12-02-2001, 12:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by canadawest:
and people tend to go a bit crazy when they have too much time on their hands (see Darren and Marc)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And whats that supposed to mean? . http://jabot2000.homestead.com/files/emoticons/bounce.gif

Sorry to hear Andrew,Marc.

[ 02 December 2001: Message edited by: Fudge ]

DJ88
12-02-2001, 01:01 PM
I dunno Marc.. Me thinks Andrew thinks we are nuts or summtin.. images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Sorry to hear about that Andrew.. Any chance of the company re-hiring later on?

canadawest
12-02-2001, 05:22 PM
Hey guys, thanks for the well-wishes and sympathy.

Not sure if the company is going to find it's legs in the new year, so I'm not sticking around to find out. I'm going to collect EI for a bit and see if I can take the next month off. Then I'll start looking for something in the new year.

As for LFS runs, well certainly I'll be looking, but probably not much buying in the near term. images/smiles/icon_redface.gif

Dolf
12-10-2001, 02:45 AM
Sorry to hear- I get laid off yearly at about this time and while the time to do things is nice the cash situation isn't (even when it's expected.) Hope you enjoy the recreational time and good-luck when you go looking again! Keep in mind that W.H. Davies said "A poor life this if, full of care, we have no time to stop and stare." images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

canadawest
12-10-2001, 08:46 PM
But....that would mean actually working and earning income, which would most certainly dent the tiny amount of EI that I should likely get in the next 4-6 weeks.

Sounds bad, but I think I'd rather enjoy the holidays and live on the dole for a few weeks, rather than work part time for pennies. I figure I deserve it, as I've never collected EI after paying in for almost 15 years.

Now I would consider volunteering my time at a LFS. Perhaps a couple "gift" items in return? images/smiles/icon_wink.gif (hmmmm, wheels turning)

StirCrazy
12-10-2001, 08:59 PM
what about under the table tank minding.. cash only images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Steve

Shadetree
12-10-2001, 11:10 PM
Andrew,

If you are interested, if it snows I might have some work. It is on call, 24 hours a day and very labour intensive, but the pay is alright, $12/hour with your current situation in mind images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Scott

canadawest
12-11-2001, 12:25 AM
Cash only works for me, but I'm not sure about this "under the table" thing. Just what am I expected to do under there??? images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Scott,

Sounds like you need someone to shovel your driveway? images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Email me privately...

BCReefer
12-11-2001, 04:31 AM
Andrew,

Put an add in the paper and in the Buy & Sell. Offer to look after people’s tanks why they are on vacation. You never know what is out there??

Maybe also try Big Al’s or someplace for the Christmas rush???

Patrick