PDA

View Full Version : coralife calcium reactor

Manny
11-11-2005, 07:35 PM
has anybody heard anything about the new coralife calcium reactors. i have the coralife super skimmer and i am really happy with it so i am interested in the calcium reactor because it is so much cheaper than the rest of the competition. also you can get the whloe package from J&L for only 398.95
http://www.jlaquatics.com/phpstore/store_pages/details/creactor.php?product_ID=CR-C0250P

golfbomber
11-20-2005, 12:24 AM
chek this out

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=665665

Manny
11-20-2005, 12:40 AM
thanks

Bryan
11-20-2005, 07:15 AM
I bought one about a month ago from J&L to replace a DIY reactor and to save on space in the cabinet. So far I have been quite impressed with the little unit. Of course the quality isn't there like it's competition, but for the price it can't be beat and it works great. Any other questions fire away.

golfbomber
11-21-2005, 12:21 AM
did you use yours with a ph controller or manual adujustment. i was looking at the coralife 500 for my future 240 gallon with mainly sps load, do you think this reactor will be sufficient. i figure that there cant be too much to a reactor and as long as it doesnt leak it should be fine, but is there something that is missing from this pkg compared to the more expensive pkgs?

Manny
11-22-2005, 05:00 AM
Bryan
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:15 am Post subject:
I bought one about a month ago from J&L to replace a DIY reactor and to save on space in the cabinet. So far I have been quite impressed with the little unit. Of course the quality isn't there like it's competition, but for the price it can't be beat and it works great. Any other questions fire away.

what do you mean by the quality is not as good. is it flimsier than a $700 reactor or does it not work as well? also which model do you have and what size tank are you running it on?

Bryan
11-22-2005, 05:32 AM
I have the 250 and it's used on a 125 gallon reef. It has no problems keeping the alk and ca where I want it. The construction of the reactor is mostly molded plastic with some acrylic components, not all cast acylic like the competition. It does have some advantages though, the lid is a screw off top with a o-ring and a ph probe holder built in. Better than keyhole flanges etc. The water pump is a small powerhead not a pump like a eheim or mag like the competition.

The reactor is not as physically well built as a all cast acrylic model, but I don't plan on playing football with it :mrgreen: .

Manny
11-23-2005, 11:12 PM
cool, thanks for the info Bryan