PDA

View Full Version : WELCOME TO REEFBC

REEFBC
11-10-2005, 09:48 AM
Hello Canreefers,
Well it has already leaked out but this is the official announcement for REEFBC.
Although still in its infancy, I have many exciting plans for the future of REEFBC.

Our first forum is November 19th.

With REEFBC, we will support the reef community and do our part to help further our reef community as a whole. Obvious themes of propagation, improved husbandry, organism identification, System design, and species care will be covered.
In addition, REEFBC also intends to bring awareness to various environmental reef issues and organizations that are key to the survival and future of our hobby.

REEFBC is a non profit organization. Proceeds from all events will be put towards future event costs and/or donated to various Reef related environmental/conservation causes.

Please support these events. The success and continuance of these events relies upon you. The more people that attend and support these events the bigger and better they will become. Sponsor donations and sometimes Speaker participation are based on attendance and participation.

A HUGE thank you to the volunteers and sponsors that have supported this event. If you would like to volunteer for this, or another future event. Please send your contact information to: james@reefbc.com

As this is the first event, we apologize in advance for any mistakes that may occur. It is our intent to make each event bigger and better than the previous.

Forum Topics:

Group Buys:
We have some fantastic Group Buys from our various sponsors.
All proceeds of Group Buys will be given to REEFBC.
Group buys must be ordered and paid for prior to event.
To order email james@reefbc.com
Ocean Aquatics will handle phone and walk in orders. Group Buy items will be available for pickup at the event.

Book Signing;
David Behrens will feature his books and have signed copies available.

:arrow: It is our privilege to debut his Nudibranch Behavior Book. We may even get a sneak peek at his next book Eastern Pacific Nudibranchs.
We will also feature David’s previous book, a great 320 page ID guide:
Coral Reef Animals of the Indo-Pacific

We will also feature a large selection of Marine/Reef related books at the event.

:arrow: Julian Sprung and Charles Delbeek’s THE REEF AQUARIUM VOLUME 3!!!!! :exclaim:
The long awaited 3rd Volume of this very popular Book Series is almost here.
Reserve your copy now at a pre order price!

Book Pre buys will be posted on the website this Friday.

See website for speaker updates

See www.reefbc.com for details
The website will be continually updated prior to the event.

When:
Speakers and Dinner 3pm- 7:30pm
Raffle, Group Buy Pickup, Book Signings, Sponsor Event sales 7:30-9:00pm

Where:
Tilbury Restaurant
Unit #20 – 7621 Vantage Way (around the corner from our old shop)

Cost:
Tickets $20.00 this includes your meal at the event.
Please buy in advance to ensure caterer has prepared enough food.
Seating is first come first served
If you would like to reserve tickets or have any other questions, please email james@reefbc.com with your name, phone #, and tickets required.

cprowler
11-10-2005, 11:45 AM
That's great James, I'm looking forward to it. :mrgreen:

You will always have my suport.

Bill

Mike Olson
11-11-2005, 01:04 AM
Got my tickets today :biggrin: Should be great!

Tom R
11-11-2005, 05:09 PM
Very Well Done James !!!

I believe this will help take your reef keeping to the next level.

I support all the work that has been done to accomplish reefbc.com

Tom R

trilinearmipmap
11-13-2005, 07:13 PM
Post deleted I didn't read the original post correctly.

props
11-17-2005, 05:48 AM
any idea how many tickets have been sold james??

vanreefer
11-17-2005, 05:49 AM
can I buy tickets the day of the event... ie 2:45 on the 19th... Just can't make it out there till then

Thanks
Dan

WWWD
11-17-2005, 05:52 AM
can I buy tickets the day of the event... ie 2:45 on the 19th... Just can't make it out there till then

Thanks
Dan

yes but you should call james and tell him your coming so he can figure out how much food we will need.

props
11-17-2005, 05:54 AM
hey wwwd want to buy the ticket for me
hehehe
i need to bring the two frags over at oa can somebody pick it up for me pls. i'm pretty busy this whole week =o(

vanreefer
11-17-2005, 06:01 AM
Will do...

trilinearmipmap
11-17-2005, 06:06 AM
For out of town people who can't make it in for the event, any chance on getting in on any of the group buys?

REEFBC
11-19-2005, 09:05 PM
Don't forget today's the day!
ReefBC Forum 3pm-7:30pm Tilbury Restaurant 7621 Vantage Way, Delta
Same warehouse complex as Ocean Aquatics.