PDA

View Full Version : looking for stock in Calgary

dunl
11-10-2005, 05:23 AM
Got a cycled 54 bowfront that so far has nuthin' but liverock in it. Anyone have anything interesting they'd like to get rid of? I'm looking for a pair of percs, cleaner crew, etc. Planning to head to Gold Aquariums on Saturday also, so I can pick up whatever else I need there too.

Thanks,
Dunl

dunl
11-11-2005, 04:57 AM
Anyone? :)

Snappy
11-11-2005, 06:06 AM
The biggest salt water selection in Calgary is at Wai's on 16 Ave NE across from Peter's drive in

dunl
11-11-2005, 06:29 AM
Thanks.

golfbomber
11-11-2005, 05:23 PM
if u at wai's check out Ocean's, it is on center street north at about 25th ave. close to wai's, just hit center street which is west of wais on 16th ave then go north and on the right hand side. just renovated his tanks and slowly getting in lots of stuff.

G1GY
11-11-2005, 11:07 PM
The biggest salt water selection in Calgary is at Wai's on 16 Ave NE across from Peter's drive in

Yes the selection is good, but be sure to be packing a heavy wallet when you go there because there are no great deals to be had there ever! The prices there are the highest in Calgary. (Up to 300% on some things the last time I was there.) :eek:

AndyL
11-11-2005, 11:49 PM
The prices there are the highest in Calgary.
Mmmm.... No riverfront has higher pricing than wais, and the petceteras etc are even worse than riverfront.

Andy

digital-audiophile
11-12-2005, 01:45 AM
You really need to shop around on anything in the aquarium hobby I find. Prices vary so much from store to store.

Wai's fish always seem to be pretty well priced, thats where I picked up my clowns and cleaner shrimp from. I do agree that the coral prices are to the moon though :sad:

dunl
11-12-2005, 02:15 AM
Best pricing is.........????

vertex
11-12-2005, 02:25 AM
I'd say best pricing is Gold Aquariums. They can be a little hit and miss sometimes though cause their stuff GOES SO FAST!! its on 17 Ave SE just west of pizza hut (about 44 st??)

Otherwise BigAls and Oceans are fairly similar with variation week to week.

dunl
11-12-2005, 02:32 AM
Well, I was planning to hits Gold for sure, so that's a good thing.

AndyL
11-12-2005, 05:37 PM
Feel like we're giving wais a bit of a hard time... Yes his prices are high, but he also gets in some of the neatest stuff and the best selections. Quality does vary - gotta watch the health of the system you're getting your fish from, as his 'stock' tanks (not the coral tanks) seem to go in phases. One week everythings dead & dieing, the next everyone may look great.

Andy

dunl
11-12-2005, 09:17 PM
I stopped by there today. Really nice looking tanks, really nice looking stock. I didn't see anything that I was interested in.....actually, anything that would FIT with what I was doing or needed, but prices seemed to be pretty good. I didn't look at prices on corals much, but overall everything looked pretty good.

Only thing I noticed was a couple of sickly looking anemones, but the rest looked good.

Snappy
11-13-2005, 01:40 AM

Yes the selection is good, but be sure to be packing a heavy wallet when you go there because there are no great deals to be had there ever! The prices there are the highest in Calgary. (Up to 300% on some things the last time I was there.) :eek:
:confused: Danny always wheels and deals with me. Not sure what to make of your experience Gary. Maybe he has changed his way of doing business since your last visit. I've only been at this for about 13 months.
I do like Gold's but as someone else stated it is hit & miss. Their stock goes too fast for me to keep up with. I think it's nice to have a variety of LFS to choose from. :smile:

kens1
11-15-2005, 12:17 AM
^^
Same here. Danny at Wai's usually deals with me too, plus the corals are always in great shape. You don't have to waste gas :evil: going back and forth to see if there is any stock because Wai's always has a great selection. :lol:

Snappy
11-18-2005, 03:40 AM
I was in to Gold's the other day and was honestly impressed at the selection. And some it was actually for sale...........Way to go Dennis and Albert! :biggrin:

i have crabs
12-01-2005, 01:57 AM
wai's is always the most expensive but at the same time its always the best condition by far but for the most part golds has the best prices and stock changes fast so if you dont like what you see come back friday and its all new.