PDA

View Full Version : New tank progress

Ruth
11-08-2005, 12:57 AM
Well I added my live rock 2 weeks ago yesterday. I have gone through the ammonia (0), nitrite (0) and now my nitrate has dropped to 10. I thought I would try and add a couple of snails just to see how they did being that my cycle seemed to move fairly quickly. I added them yesterday and they are still cruising around on the glass today. For the most part the diatoms are gone or going. I have posted a picture in my gallery (cause I don't know how to load into a thread) if anyone is interested. Not much to see - just a pile of live rock. I have about another 50 pounds of live rock and rubble in my sump. I have captured a couple of hitch hiker crabs so far and have done one 60g water change. I tried to aquascape yesterday but I might as well have just held the rock over the top and dropped it in for all the good it did. Every time I would get a structure that I kinda liked - crash. Am going to look tomorrow to see if I can find some acrylic rods - if not oh well I'm sure I will find someplace to put corals. I am going to use zeovit in this tank - just waiting for a couple of more products. I don't plan on adding anything to this tank except some additional snails for at least another month. I already have coralline algea starting on the live rock though so that is a bonus. Any q's or suggestions please feel free.

Delphinus
11-08-2005, 01:05 AM
http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/500/1869New_tank.jpg

:biggrin:

WWWD
11-08-2005, 01:29 AM
holy crap leave room for some coral.

Funky_Fish14
11-08-2005, 01:42 AM
Contstructive comments always help :rolleyes:

Looks great so far, even with the rocks like that! So barebottom im a assuming? What size is the tank, and what are some equipments specs?

Looks like all is off to a good start and the cycle was fast!

Cheers,

Chris

OCDP
11-08-2005, 01:44 AM
Nice ! The way I see it, you have more coral placement opportunities with all that rock and crevices and cracks. I like it.

Johnny Reefer
11-08-2005, 02:03 AM
Looks like lots of room for corals to me too.
Should look great!

Cheers,

Ruth
11-08-2005, 02:05 AM
Yeah I am definately going bare bottom in this tank. It is a 190g acrylic with a 90g sump/fuge.
Lighting is 6XT5 and 3X400W MH with 13K Geisemann megachrome bulbs
Quiet one 5000 for return from sump to display (I may change this as I think the water is moving too fast through my sump
Sequence barracuda with an Ocean Motions 4 way
2X Tunze 6200 on a controller
Grotech Calcium reactor
Bubble King 400ext. protein skimmer
Tank will be SPS with only a few fish and using the zeovit system along with Pohl's coral vital for growth and colour (when I get there)

WWWD
11-08-2005, 05:04 AM
sorry ruth someone pointed out to me that my post should have included one of these " :razz: " to show you i was joking. i think your tanks look great and am excited to see this one when its full of coral.

Chaloupa
11-08-2005, 06:00 AM
oooh I am so jealous....very cool! Keep a thread going on it, we will want to know what is going on!