PDA

View Full Version : tank tour

inspector
11-07-2005, 02:50 AM
I would like to thank everyone who set up and all the reefers that let us in there homes for a great day.great job count me in for the next one. Paul

Tom R
11-07-2005, 04:21 AM
Ivy

Once again you put together a super event. No one comes close to your abilities when it comes to organization. I had a great time and truely enjoyed the chance to see some of the other reefer tanks. These people all have great tanks. I to would like to thank all of the reefers who let me view their tanks the were great.

Ps the scones were great!!!

Tom R

Jason McK
11-07-2005, 04:39 AM
Ya Ivy Great Job.

Great to see everyone's tank and get all the wonderful comments about mine.

WOW there is a lot of nice Tanks out there.

J

Mike Olson
11-07-2005, 04:53 AM
Thank you Ivy for organizing a great day! My wife and I had a great time, and I thoroughly enjoyed viewing everyones tanks. I found it so informative and it gave me so many ideas for the new setup! SYNERGY RULES :biggrin: It was great putting some faces to the names, but more importantly...it was an honor to let such a great group of genuine, dedicated people into our house to see our little reef. You all are welcome anytime :biggrin:
Thanks again
Mike
p.s. Tom, my wife Trish said shes glad you liked the scones!

WWWD
11-07-2005, 05:07 AM
everyone’s tanks looked great!! i had a great time thanks everyone for inviting us all over and thanks ivy for organizing another event.

http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/500/1945we_love_ivy.jpg

targaboy78
11-07-2005, 05:07 AM
Ivy, thanks for all your hard work setting up this event.
With a dozen or so people swarming houses to visit tanks, I expected quite a bit of mayhem but was pleasantly surprised how smooth it all went.

You folks have some beautiful setups. I just hope that one day mine will be as nice (heck, I'd settle for half as nice).

My wife and I had a great time meeting all of you and look forward to running into you at other local events. (Yes, shopping and browsing at OE and J&L count as events).

Paul.

Xtasia
11-07-2005, 06:22 AM
Thanks to James and OA for letting us use the store for a meeting place. Hopefully we can get the Vancouver Reefing community to back the future reefbc club events for more good times like this. Spread the word!

Thanks to Jason, Mike, Jesse, Callum and Tom for their hospitality and for letting us scrunitize their amazing livestock and set ups. Every tank was amazing in their own way and I think we all came away learning something new. Some of us even made some new friends :)

Lastly, Thank you for the 20 some odd people who showed up. If you didn't come I wouldn't have a reason to plan :)

Good times.

Next one... Burnaby/Vancouver!

See you at the ReefBC Seminars!

hockey nut
11-07-2005, 06:38 AM
Thanks Ivy for setting up todays event. You are Awesome!!!!!!! :biggrin: Someone hire this girl and put her in charge of the PR and Special events dept. :smile: You rock!!!!!

Thanks to all who came out and made it a successful day. It was alot of fun and we saw some great tanks. Big thanks to the reefers that let us invade their homes and share their reefing addictions with us. . :mrgreen:

Have a good week all.

hockey nut
11-07-2005, 06:42 AM
Jumping on board reefbc.

vanreefer
11-07-2005, 06:32 PM
Thanks to all who opened their homes to a traveling caravan of Reef geeks.... Got some sweet ideas for the future at Toms house

And a special Thanks to Ivy for organizing it
Dan

SeaHorse_Fanatic
11-07-2005, 06:51 PM
Sorry I missed it. :cry: Sounds like everyone had a great time & Ivy did her usual spectacular job organizing & running the tour. :biggrin: I'll try to make sure Irene & I are available for the next Burnaby/Vancouver tour.

Sign me up for the ReefBC club :biggrin:

Anthony

IluvHockey
11-08-2005, 08:06 PM
Thanks for Ivy for setting the tour up. It was great seeing great people in person and to match up names on the the boards. Yes you know that some of the people were hardcore when Mike Olsen's empty 150 gallon tank was getting as much attention as the display one with the ginormous leather.

Mike please thank your wife trish for the coffee and scones, they were great and was a highlight of the tour. I hope you guys can move that leather out of the tank and your wife's bird cage in the living room without much trouble.

I am sorry I could not see Tom R's tank, but maybe Tigger can post some pics. Every tank was amazing. Love the bule turnicate from Jasons tank, good luck with those. Everyone was a class act. Once again thank you Ivy for setting it up, it probably wasn't easy. And thanks for the good times to those classy canreefers. Gee I think I been hanging around bluetang too much. I am sounding too much like Ron Burgendy.

Tigger
11-10-2005, 04:56 AM
Thank you to Ivy and all the people who volunteered to show their tanks and allowed us into your homes. It was great to meet some new people, and I hope to see everybody again soon.

I do have some nice pictures but I am not sure how to post them. I took them under high resolution 5MP, so they are all quite large. If anybody know how to resize them quickly, please let me know.

Jason McK
11-10-2005, 06:00 AM
I use Resize tool add on for windows found here
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx
Or photoshop.

You need to upload them to a web space or canreef gallery they right click and get the properties of the file. It will display a URL copy and past it after pressing the IMG button

Can't wait to see the pics

J

SeaHorse_Fanatic
11-10-2005, 07:03 AM
I use "http://photobucket.com" to upload my pics before I post them on this site.

HTH,

Anthony