PDA

View Full Version : New posts

canadawest
11-28-2001, 02:44 AM
Now I don't pretend to know nuthin about nuthin when it comes to BBS software, but does Ultimate BB have a "New posts since your last visit" script?

I mean it's on just about every other BB that I participate on, but not this one.

And spell check, gotta have spell check!!

Just some suggestions....

Shadetree
11-28-2001, 02:54 AM
Andrew,

I know about the same amount of nuthin, but I think if the folder icon is yellow there is new posts since your last visit. I think.

Scott

DJ88
11-28-2001, 11:13 AM
Yup,

If the folder is yellow, you have new posts since your last visit.

Speaking of yellow...

Stay away from the Yellow snow.. images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Troy F
11-28-2001, 11:16 AM
For someone that knows nuthin about nuthin Scott is right. The yellow folder means new posts since your last visit.

As for spell check, I use Lisa version 1.0 . It is easy to use, usually right and can be programmed to do other household tasks. Only problem is the cost, definately not cheap and it also has a tendancy to talk back ( a bug that may be worked out in version 2.0).

canadawest
11-28-2001, 12:23 PM
OK, I know all about the yellow folder thing, but that requires you to click in and out of every forum with a yellow folder, and read through the threads.

Let me remind you, I'm lazy and exploit technology whenever possible to make my life easier.

Boards like Aquariumpros and Reef Central have a link that you can click on in the top right corner of the forums list. "View all posts since last visit"

I click this link, and voila.. I get a nice list of all threads with new posts on one convenient page. Now I just go from thread to thread from that one page, instead of having to peek in every forum topic for the new posts.

Help me, waste my time here a little more efficiently, would ya! images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Shadetree
11-28-2001, 10:56 PM
Troy,

I heard the slap from over here. LOL

Scott

Troy F
11-28-2001, 11:16 PM
http://www.reefcentral.com/vbulletin/images/avatars/Gee_George.gif

She's got a good left! Man I hate southpaws.

canadawest
11-29-2001, 01:10 AM
ROFLMAO!!!

Man that was funny.