PDA

View Full Version : uncured live rock, is it dangerous?

sasha
11-06-2005, 05:59 AM
Hi Guys,

Just bought 2 pieces of VANUATU live rock form J&L. Apparently it is not cured. Well, here is the situation. My tank is cycling for two weeks, still have ammonia, guys in J&L said that it would be safe to put a rock, even though uncured, into the tank, since there is no fish there. I am now wondering will it cure itself or I should undergo a specific procedure? I am not in the rush so I can wait. My current setup is 30G, 302 power head, prizm skimmer, fluval 204, coralife lunarlite 2x65W.

Thanks!

christyf5
11-06-2005, 06:09 AM
It will be fine putting it in your tank to cycle, since your tank hasn't finished cycling anyways. Now is the perfect time to add any rock you want to, esp when you don't have any critters in there that could be affected by the cycling process :biggrin:

sasha
11-06-2005, 06:22 AM
It will be fine putting it in your tank to cycle, since your tank hasn't finished cycling anyways. Now is the perfect time to add any rock you want to, esp when you don't have any critters in there that could be affected by the cycling process :biggrin:

Hey Christy!

Thanks!!! Now I am going to wait :mrgreen:

Renegade
11-08-2005, 10:12 AM
hey just a little food for thought.

With regards to your fluval you might want to take it off your system or run it empty. I was running a filter on my 45g and had tons of problems i decieded to run it empty one day (xp1) and all my troubles started to clear up. now i just use it for running my UV starilizer and carbon every once in awhile. unless your changing the foam every day, it just becomes a factory for decomposing crap. Just something i learn along the way.

anyways thats just my two cents

Renegade