PDA

View Full Version : UPS broke another skimmer...

titus
08-11-2001, 01:21 PM
Hello,

This is another reason why Canreef Aquatics no longer mass market skimmers, reactors, etc for consumer use.

I just got an e-mail from a customer saying the last skimmer I shipped out was broken.

The skimmer was packed with custom CNC hot wired foam and custom box perfectly made such that there is the minimum 2" cushioning at any point around the skimmer. This is no cheesy peanuts packing you get, just like what you get when you buy a TV. This is the requirement of UPS. Yet they still break it.

Need to say more?

Titus

Shadetree
08-11-2001, 01:32 PM
I just sent two IceCap ballasts and Iwasaki bulbs back to IceCap in New Jersey for service and they made it there OK with UPS. It amazes me the horror stories I hear about all the different shipping companies. Talk about a huge market with an unsatisfied customer base.

Scott

titus
08-11-2001, 03:35 PM
Hello Scott,

Yeah I have shipped some items at the very beginning using very minimal packing successfully. It all depends on how the many different "UPS man" (why don't they hire woman also?) handle them.

Believe it or not. I'm still being charged for a return shipment of a package that UPS USA picked up in February. I told them not to ship the damaged item back to me. They still ended up doing it and have been trying to charge me brokerage fees. Have to call them a few times.

Bottom line: If there are a lot of shipments, it's just a pain in the ass. It's like another job all by itself, talking with UPS on the phone getting things straighten out.

Titus