PDA

View Full Version : microbubbles

digitalsteve
11-05-2005, 02:47 AM
i have my sump set up but i still have micro bubbles like you wouldnt believe. is there anyway to fix this , ie something at the input into the pump i e micro sock or something like that , anyways any ideas will help.. i do have baffles but they dont seem to help a ton and physical mods to the sump arent possibe

steve

Go Lions!
11-05-2005, 05:13 AM
Dude... I had the exact same problem with my skimmer.... I threw a pre bagged little baggy of Charcoal... (you can't have too much chemical filtration in there) in the bottom of it and it cleared right up... just grab a little pre bagged dealie from your LFS and put it by/on the outtake back to your tank... it worked for me! good luck

Abbyreefer
11-05-2005, 06:03 AM
few things you can try...
1- if you have a gate valve on your skimmer put a micron bag at the end of it this will take out ALOT of the micro bubbles and your baffles should clear out the rest.
2- on either your first baffle put a few bags of carbon and the other baffels on the return pump side put some filterpads (I use fluval 404 filter pads)
3- slow down your flow I think on melevs reef he says your flow in the sump should only be 5 times your display tank size.. I like option 1 and 2 better :)

Probably more solutions but 2 is what I did and took out pretty much all the micro bubbles and I have some carbon in the system now as well.

digitalsteve
11-06-2005, 01:53 AM
so if i put a bag of carbon over the outtake to the tank from the sump , or should i go from where the water runs into the sump? will a micro sock harbour bad bacteria?