PDA

View Full Version : Cloudy water

Skimmerking
11-04-2005, 08:47 PM
Ok here is my problem. I have been away for 6 weeks and My wife Tammy beens lookign after it with the help of Doug. THANKS again.

I have noticed that the water is cloudy. So i have been looking at it the salt is 1.024
CAL 375 a bit low it was at 425 before i left and i know i had a problem wit hthe kalk reactor
ALK 2.29 OR 6 Dkh
temp s go its been dripping Kalk as a topp off too. I have noticed that my leather doesnt look good and the SPs are not ding that greatand i might loose my other candy cane :redface:

I was thinking it might be a ammonia spike but there is nothing in there that might of dyed that i can see. Al the fish are good and healthy the skimer was cleaned good last night. I dont know what it could be any thoughts.

mike

my last water change was 5 weeks ago the night before i left for C.F.B GAGETOWN N.B for my course.

christyf5
11-04-2005, 09:03 PM
Try a waterchange and run some carbon.

Beverly
11-04-2005, 09:45 PM
Michael,

After the BIG water change and carbon, adjust alk and Ca levels. Also test for Mg and adjust.

christyf5
11-04-2005, 10:11 PM
Do you think it might have been kalk precipitation?

Skimmerking
11-05-2005, 11:41 AM
Well i have stopped the kalk reactor for now just to see if its SNOW. i wa looking at the tank last night and noticed that is looks like its snowing in the tank. :cry:

I think im going FOwlr i have had it :eek:

christyf5
11-05-2005, 05:49 PM
Mike, you can add a bit of vinegar to your tank to get the kalk back into solution. I just don't know how much. I've done it before try doing a search on RC or Reefs.org.

Skimmerking
11-05-2005, 09:44 PM
Well i did q 12 gal water change to the tank and going to see whats going to happen with it...

its still cloudy for now .

mike