PDA

View Full Version : Bad idea?

OCDP
11-04-2005, 06:31 PM
I notice a fellow reefer is looking for some new lighting... long story short, I have a spare Aqualight I don't need anymore as I have my metal halide.

I am wondering if it's a bad idea to sell off this spare fixture, in case maybe the halide craps out somehow... but on the other hand it has been up and running with not one problem for 2 months + ... the spare cash would help me out big time though... I also think that if I did need an emergency light fix, some local fellow reefer may be able to help me out for the day or so I need some light on my reef...

any input on this? I wouldn't mind getting rid of the fixture.. and most corals in my tank now a days need halides to stay alive, so I would have to rush to get the halide back up.. PC wouldn't even be much of a fix....

TIA

muck
11-04-2005, 06:53 PM
Are you asking us to make your decision for you?

If so.. I say sell it and buy more corals.. :mrgreen:

OCDP
11-04-2005, 07:06 PM
haha I guess it does sound like I am asking for the answer in which I should know myself....

blah, useless post, sorry.. I think I will go ahead and sell it . I could use the extra cash right now

BMW Rider
11-04-2005, 09:25 PM
Sell it, use the cash to pick up a spare bulb for the MH, use that bulb when your due for a change and then keep the old one as a spare.

Chances are the MH won't fail anyway.

OCDP
11-04-2005, 09:28 PM
Cool, thanks for the input :cool:

scuglass
11-05-2005, 02:41 AM
just triing to geet ur post count up :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

oh wait is that what im doing :rolleyes:

OCDP
11-05-2005, 03:50 AM
haha post count means nothing anyhow?

i on the other hand post too often, damn office jobs and their stupid computer / internet access..... hah?