PDA

View Full Version : New in the site

Mykle6o6
11-04-2005, 04:55 PM
Hey, I've got a 42 gallon set up and im setting up a 25 gallon very soon(tonight), I was wondering if there is any easy way of getting rid of hair algae? I've got right now in my 42 gallon a, Sun coral, pulsing Zenia, 3 types of zoanthids, ricordia's, and a watermellon mushroom, o wait I also have 4 leathers, for Fish i have a marine beta, a yellow tail damsel, and a sadel back clown. When i get my 25 set up im putting the damsel and sadle back in there cuz I dont want them but there my dads so I cant just sell them. But when I go to calgary im going to be getting 2 tiny little Percs, a flame angel, and posibly a tiny dwarn lion if I can find them like I did last time I was there. Well that was all kinda off topic but is there an easy way to get it off? Or should I just go an pick as much as I can off? Thanks for the help everyone! When I get my camera back from the repair store Ill post some pictures thanks.

NanoReef
11-04-2005, 05:02 PM
cut back lights, feed less, more flow.

christyf5
11-04-2005, 05:04 PM
Hi! Welcome to Canreef!!! :biggrin:

Hair algae, what fun! NOT! I would just pick out as much as you can by hand, being careful not to get any floaties (they just land and start growing wherever). Then add some snails to help combat it. You might want to look at the reason you have hair algae though. What are your tank parameters? Do you run a skimmer? What kind of food do you feed? Something is fuelling the algae and you will have trouble getting rid of it permanently if you are somehow feeding its growth.

OCDP
11-04-2005, 05:46 PM
Sea hares go through hair algae like no other ..... In my experience.. the best algae eater ever. Keeps your reef spotless :mrgreen: