PDA

View Full Version : For ICBC/insurance workers

cvrle1
11-24-2001, 02:53 AM
Hey all

I remember at the meeting there were couple of people that work for ICBC/insurance company (sorry, but I'm terible with names)I got a question for you.

In past year I had 2 car accidents and both were the other partys fault 100%. First one had $2500 of damages for repairs and labour while 2nd one was almost $7000. Car is 93 mazda mx-3. By the end of the month I will settle the claim for 2nd accident. Meanwhile I want to sell this car but the problem is that I can't get same ammount of money for it than before accident. Week before the 2nd one I had a buyer for $10,000 but then I got creamed. Ofcourse the guy said no after it. Now my question is this: I heard that in case you have an acident and it's not yor faul ICBC will reimburse the money you lost on the value of the car once you sell it. I contacted the person who is in charge of estimating damages on the car (not my ajuster)and he said that the car is in better shape than it was before and that they will not give me any money at all. Now this is crap because car is not fixed at all, and it feels like it will fall apart. I tryed selling the car on buy and sell and had some people calling me about it but as soon as I told them about damages, they hung up. I was asking for $10,000 OBO (car like my got sold same week for $10,500)

What is the rule that ICBC has on this policy. Is there anything I should know that will help me out. Right now it looks like we will have to go to courts and I do not want to go through that if there is another way to get my money.

Thanks a lot

Marko

canadawest
11-25-2001, 12:30 AM
Hey Marko,

I don't actually work for ICBC, but I work for an insurance broker (agency) that sells ICBC. While I'm not a licensed Autoplan agent, we have several really knowledgeable ones at my company.

Call my company @ 633-1000 and press 1 for Auto insurance. Quite of a few of the agents will be able to handle your question, but if you like ask for Brandon (he's there weekdays). He knows a LOT about ICBC stuff.

titus
11-25-2001, 03:17 AM
Hello Marko,

Sorry to hear about your incident. But I hope my board won't turn out to be this wide topic. May I suggest try contacting other members via e-mails instead next time.

Titus