PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Frags from Marineaquaria

Chin_Lee
11-04-2005, 07:01 AM
Is there anybody in the Lower Mainland looking to order from Joshua? If so, should we start organizing a group order?

http://www.canreef.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20432
http://www.canreef.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20351

4ptbuck
11-04-2005, 02:19 PM
I just took look and saw this.
There a few things I'd be interested in.

If somebody is co-ordinting, I am in.
Unfortunantly, I am outta here at 3pm today, back on Monday.

4pts

Jason McK
11-04-2005, 04:46 PM
Hey Chin have you got anyone?

I'd be interested in 1 or 2 things but not enought to go it alown

J

deacon hemp
11-04-2005, 08:06 PM
So is anybody gonna step up and pay for the shipping? and be the distributor?

Im in for 2 peices.

Chin_Lee
11-04-2005, 08:28 PM
I'm willing to put up for shipping depending how many people are interested. I'm interested in about 2-3 pieces. If people can indicate how many pieces they are interested in, the shipping costs will and should be minimal. I just got a large heavy box from Toronto airport and the shipping was 70 bucks.

So I'm in for 3 pieces.

dirtyreefer
11-04-2005, 08:45 PM
Chin, I'm probably in for a couple pieces but it will have to wait until next Friday (payday) :lol:

When do you plan on placing the order?

Jason McK
11-04-2005, 08:45 PM
I would be in for 2

Chad
11-04-2005, 09:10 PM
I'd probably be in for a few as well

hockey nut
11-04-2005, 09:37 PM
Wow!!!!!

you guys must be made of money. :mrgreen: $10 usd per polyp for regular colour zoos. Ouch!!!!! They have some nice stuff but the cost is huge IMO.

just my 2 cents. :biggrin:

Chin_Lee
11-04-2005, 10:21 PM
Wow!!!!!

you guys must be made of money. :mrgreen: $10 usd per polyp for regular colour zoos. Ouch!!!!! They have some nice stuff but the cost is huge IMO.

just my 2 cents. :biggrin:

Callum
there are some thats 2-3 per polyp for the plainer stuff. The $10 ones look a little more exotic. but I'm not really in there for the zoos.... if you know what I mean :biggrin:

hockey nut
11-04-2005, 11:25 PM
Ya.... I hear ya Chin :biggrin: . It's nice to see that there is some realy cool stuff out there.

I have some of the zoos they post including some of their nicer ones and I still find it hard to believe they charge that much. They do have some corals I wouldn't mind getting.... but..... I think I'll spend my money locally for now before I break the bank on the exotic stuff. That and my wife would kill me ...LOL

When you get them in post some pics. :cool:

exee
11-04-2005, 11:39 PM
I did pre-order a 4 zoo frags. But i'm not sure if it would be wise for me to go in on a group order as I am going to school full time and don't drive very much so I would not be able to pick up my frags when ever they arrived...

but if we can work something out I would be interested in joining a group order. :razz: :smile:

Chin_Lee
11-04-2005, 11:41 PM
I did pre-order a 4 zoo frags. But i'm not sure if it would be wise for me to go in on a group order as I am going to school full time and don't drive very much so I would not be able to pick up my frags when ever they arrived...

but if we can work something out I would be interested in joining a group order. :razz: :smile:

exee
i work in richmond and I can drop them off for you if you want. where general area do you live in richmond?
cwlee

vanreefer
11-04-2005, 11:44 PM
I would be into some SPS... but with limited quantities I wonder if the ones I want were already taken :question: What are you guys gettin?

exee
11-04-2005, 11:53 PM

exee
i work in richmond and I can drop them off for you if you want. where general area do you live in richmond?
cwlee

I live in west richmond. i'm near the intersection of Railway and Fransis road. You know where that is?

Chin_Lee
11-04-2005, 11:57 PM
[quote="exeeI live in west richmond. i'm near the intersection of Railway and Fransis road. You know where that is?[/quote]

yes so please confirm if you want to be part of the LMD buy.

Chin_Lee
11-05-2005, 12:09 AM
it looks like we have a good number of Lower mainlanders which should cut our shipping costs down a lot. I will split the cost according to the number of pieces each person is getting.

Everybody that is going to order,

1) please put your order to Joshua yourself.
2) Advise Joshua that you will be part of Chin Lee's shipping package.
3) Then PM me with the number of pieces you ordered and what they are. Send me an email address as well because the PM function doesn't allow for multiple receipients of messages. This will ensure that I keep you all in the loop as to the status of the order and any email communications between Josh and I regarding this.

I live in Surrey in the vicinity of 152 Street and 76 Ave. If you do not have the means or ability to make it to my place to pick up your order, please do not put in the order unless you've made prior arrangments with me to store or deliver the items. I will make sure you know how much the shipping cost will be and please bring exact change because I don't keep a lot of change at home.

Thanks all.

exee
11-05-2005, 12:16 AM
Chin_lee i've sent you a PM please check it when you can :smile:

props
11-05-2005, 12:20 AM
i got some zoos similar to some of the ones on the website.. you guys want to give me your money instead? :lol: :lol:

Jason McK
11-05-2005, 02:42 AM
I just ordered 2 frags.

Chin your paying right :)

J

Chin_Lee
11-11-2005, 11:26 PM
This shipment was sent via UPS by Josh on Wed night to be delivered to my place by 1030am on Thursday. By 1pm on Thursday, I had called UPS about 5 times and I was running 1 hour late for work so I went to work. UPS couldn't provide any information and one thing that really confused me was this one lady. She said that there isn't a 1030 guarantee delivery to my postal code so the 1030 would be 1200pm guarantee. But if the sender sent it for 1200pm guarantee, it will be there by 8pm. So I asked her why do they guarantee when its not guaranteed? She didn't respond for a long time but only said, "I'm sorry sir but thats all I can tell you." So whatever that meant, I wasn't sure. But nevertheless, I did not receive the shipment by 8pm Thursday.

I spoke to Josh and he made every attempt to find out what happened but it came down that it was going to be delivered today... Friday..... Rememberance Day (yeah you can see where this is going).
I called UPS at 1200 because I had not received a shipment and she asked me for the local time and I said "12:00pm". So she said "Should be there any minute now just hang tight".
So by 3 pm, I am running 3 hours late for work and I called UPS again and now she tells me that its going to come on Monday. The lady confirmed it was sent by air for overnight delivery but for unknown reason it was changed over to ground delivery which is 2 business days. I explained to her the contents of the shipment and she tried to arrange for a Saturday delivery BUT the depot is closed so she was unable to do so. To make a long story short, its coming on Monday.

I called Josh and we both agree that the livestock will be DOA after being in bags for 4.5 days and sitting in UPS's unheated cold warehouse for the next three days. Josh indicated that he will be refunding our money for the people on this order. I really appreciate this from Josh considering he tried doing everything right but the series of unfortunate events were out of his control. Thanks Josh.

Please make arrangements with Josh to determine when and how your money will be returned.

muck
11-12-2005, 12:08 AM
ouch.. :frown:

exee
11-12-2005, 12:36 AM
:cry:

Joe Reefer
11-12-2005, 03:08 AM
That sucks :sad:

dirtyreefer
11-12-2005, 03:19 AM
I've had bad experiences with UPS, they are probably the worst delivery services I have ever dealt with. To match with the poor service, they also probably have the highest cost :(

I trust FedEx alot more.

hockey nut
11-12-2005, 08:28 AM
WOW!!!

Sorry to hear of your troubles guys.

I've been in the helicopter business for 17 yrs now. Most helicopter companies have to ship world wide and I can tell you they Never use UPS unless they have to. And the experience you have encounted is one reason why those companies choose not to deal with UPS. We all know that s^%^%t happens but when they can't even give you a reason or explanation and have to bs you to keep you happy is just bad business.

Anyhow just my experience. :neutral:

Petcrazy
11-14-2005, 12:22 AM
That....royally.....bites.....

Xtasia
11-14-2005, 12:42 AM
UPS has lost one of our URGENT packages in Brazil for 2 months... They gave about 8 different answers at WHY when we asked.

bluetang
11-15-2005, 06:26 PM
So.......? what was the final outcome??????
DOA?????????

Chin_Lee
11-15-2005, 07:32 PM
FINAL UPDATE:
The shipment finally arrived yesterday at around 11am and nobody was home so they left the box at the doorstep. However my wife didn't arrive home until around 4pm. Considering the high temp yesterday was around 8 degrees celcius and they were sitting outside for about 5 hours probably made the smell more bearable......
I got home around 6pm and the water was around 15 degrees celcius. The water in the bags were all brown. (I was quite impressed at the size of what was supposed to be the green digitata with orange polyps frag. It was probably around 2.5 inches long)
I put floated them in my sump for about 3 hours and opened them up. After opening the 3rd bag, I just threw them in the garbage can. The contents in the bag literally smelled like urine. I was going to call Josh and asked him if he went to the bathroom in the bag :lol: but the livestock were all dead.
I calculated if Josh had bagged them up around 5pm on Wed, they would have been in the bag for a total of 124 hours! Which would mean that they were probably in a warehouse for 100 hours at around 16-19 degree temperature, and about 5 hours at around 10 degrees celcius.

ON A POSITIVE NOTE:
I should note that Josh had already refunded my money even before I received the shipment. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.
Sincerely grateful,
Chin Lee

exee
11-16-2005, 12:27 AM
yes

I want to thank Josh as well for the great service that he provided for us! And thanks to Chin Lee too for doing the group order with us. Even if it did not work it was still great to meet(Even if on the phone only) another reefer.
I look forward to meeting more people from here.
:smile: