PDA

View Full Version : Everyone Watch Sunday Morning's Leonid meteor shower!!

Tropical Paradise
11-16-2001, 07:58 PM
Hello Everyone,

Just want to remind everyone that this SUnday morning, from 1:00am-3:00am, be sure to watch the sky for meteor shower.

This is once in a lifetime chance seeing this kind of magnitude. There will be one next year, but under a full moon. Visibility will not be as great as this year.
And the next projected meteor shower is in year 2099.

Estimated peak will be around 2000 meteor/hour around 2 am. Gather with you love ones and be warm.

Kai-Wei images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

canadawest
11-18-2001, 10:57 PM
So who stayed up to watch the shower?

My wife and I were at a friends b-day party last night and after we went back home, grabbed some blankets and drinks and the dogs, and headed out to some dark farmland in Langley to watch the shower.

It was pretty impressive, we saw at least a hundred or so from 1:30-2:30. Pretty good visibility as there was no moon, and very little cloud cover. Only thing was it was pretty chilly, but a neat experience.

How about everyone else?

DJ88
11-18-2001, 11:03 PM
Too many fizzy pops.. Fell asleep.. images/smiles/icon_wink.gif images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Tropical Paradise
11-19-2001, 07:48 PM
hi everyone,

I drove out to the desert here in California. I drove about 260 km from costal Orange County into Mojave desert inland.

It was really DARK! I can see the Milky Way. The show started around 12:30 while I was still driving. Saw about 2 meteors. The peak was around 2:30am. I can see many meteors going off in the sky. I'd say I saw couple hundred meteors and made a lot of wishes. hehe...

I left around 3:30 and came home around 6. I was still seeing meteors around 5:30. What a show!! My girlfriend Ann said that she saw many meteors in Surrey area too. The sky was clear and COLD.

Kai-Wei images/smiles/icon_cool.gif images/smiles/icon_cool.gif images/smiles/icon_cool.gif