PDA

View Full Version : Where to Buy

Parker
11-03-2005, 02:36 AM
Where do local members typically purchase from?

I have had about all I can take from the outragous prices of Big Al's and being ignored by the employees of Aquarium Illusions.

Regards
Robb

Beermaster
11-03-2005, 02:39 AM
Greets Robb

I mostly buy from Here on Canreef, all my livestock and equipment has been purchased here!

I prefur to support my local reefers before i buy from the store

Murminator
11-03-2005, 03:17 AM
Greets Robb

I mostly buy from Here on Canreef, all my livestock and equipment has been purchased here!

I prefur to support my local reefers before i buy from the store

Ditto here

mr_alberta
11-03-2005, 03:41 AM
It depends on what you are buying and how patient you are.

For dry goods, you can't beat JL pricing and if you can wait or get a group order going, shipping is usually free.

For livestock, mail order is once again the cheapest, but only if you can do it via a group order. If you order yourself and factor in shipping, the prices almost even out.

Are you looking for anything in particular? Usually if you post it, someone with what you are looking for is bound to answer.

Parker
11-03-2005, 03:48 AM
I'm just starting our, so I was looking at bringing in the cleaning crew. Snails, crabs and a shrimp or two. I'm also interested in a skimmer. I was originally going to go skimmerless but the more I read the more I feel I should have one.

Customer service is just as important as price to me, I'm will to pay a few dollars more for service..just not twice as much money! :biggrin:

Beermaster
11-03-2005, 01:28 PM
Well if you need a skimmer there is always ppl on here that either know someone selling one or have the knowledge to build them *cough* (Harvey) *cough*

What size tank are you looking at or have? I know where there is a nice Beckett skimmer for sale, never been used and its too tall for anything i need, just PM me for details, also if you need any Live Rock, PM me as well

HTH

Parker
11-03-2005, 09:56 PM
Presently I'm running a 30 gallon FOWLR, 30 pounds of live rock. BUT, my better half has told me my Xmas present will be a larger tank around, the 150 mark. Anything purchased for this tank I would like to be tranferable to the larger tank. Items like the skimmer etc I woulld prefer to buy only once.