PDA

View Full Version : Frag order from marineaquaria.ca

Delphinus
11-02-2005, 03:19 PM
I'll be ordering some stuff on this order -> http://www.canreef.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20351

(Frags from http://www.ultimatefrags.com/)

Please let me know if you'd be interested in splitting the shipping down from Edmonton with me.

Tarolisol
11-02-2005, 04:29 PM
Ill get in on that too. let me know when you need to know what i want by.

digital-audiophile
11-02-2005, 04:50 PM
Ill get in on that too. let me know when you need to know what i want by.

I was thinking about a couple things on there too. Depending on when the shipment hits Edmonton I might be able to arrange a live pickup and save the shipping.

ps - I can give you a call tonight about picking up the macro we were speaking about.

Greg

Delphinus
11-02-2005, 05:08 PM
I'll tell you what, how about we do it like this:

Contact Joshua directly with your wishlist, and tell them you're OK to split the shipping with other Calgary folk.

I have no idea when the shipment will actually happen, I guess that's a good question. Seems as if he's taking pre-orders until at least the end of the week (November 8).

BMW Rider
11-02-2005, 06:58 PM
I sent Joshua an email with my order. Thanks Tony for getting this started.

monza
11-02-2005, 07:01 PM
I'll be in to split the shipping costs.

Dave

Edit

Maybe we should see what we are all ordering and try and get different stuff.
If is is something you have to have then no big deal but down the road we can trade.

OCDP
11-02-2005, 08:14 PM
I may be in on this order as well for a few zoo frags, nothing spectacular, but hey it's less $$ on shipping , right? I'll e-mail him with my wishlist as well.

Bob I
11-02-2005, 09:12 PM
I just want to warn anyone contemplating purchasing zoos. Extreme closeup photography is very misleading. The pictures are of zoos if you could get within an inch or two of them. In real life that does not happen.

For instance zoo31- very limited supply. $10.00/polyp. I have lots of those, but nobody wants them

I am not panning the seller, but just warning people that if they buy, they just may be very disappointed.

Tarolisol
11-02-2005, 09:22 PM
I have a list of the ones i want, but dont know what to say in the email. Also if anyone else is getting zoos how many polpys are you getting.

Delphinus
11-02-2005, 09:30 PM
My suggestion is you tell him you're in Calgary, you're interested in some of the stuff offered, and then let him tally it up and show you what your total is. He now knows there is a number of folks from Calgary so don't worry about the fine details, we'll work out the rest when he gets the stuff.

As for zoos, I've decided I won't be ordering any on this order. All I really want is that pink Stylopora, failing that I'm trying for the purple Stylopora.

But if I was ordering zoos I think I wouldn't want any less than 3 or 4, I mean anything less than that seems too iffy, you never know if they'll take hold or not.

Anyhow I hope this helps.

Bob I
11-02-2005, 10:18 PM
But if I was ordering zoos I think I wouldn't want any less than 3 or 4, I mean anything less than that seems too iffy, you never know if they'll take hold or not.

Anyhow I hope this helps.

I believe you are thinking of 3, or 4 polyps. You are right on that. Many of the more difficult zoos just won't take hold if there are less than 3 polyps. :eek:

Tarolisol
11-02-2005, 11:58 PM
I was thinking 6 polyps per type.

meltdownaverted
11-03-2005, 01:13 PM
how do I go about picking this stuff up? I'm in Brooks and might not be able to make it to Calgary till 8pm most nights.

Delphinus
11-03-2005, 03:40 PM
8pm, no big deal. If you can make it on the day that the stuff comes down, then you're set. If you can't make it that same day and depending on how much stuff there is (I don't have a lot of space) I could house it temporarily until you could come pick it up. But if you can make it by 8:00-8:30 on the day it comes I'm sure it would be fine just in the bags (I'd float them in my sump so that they stay at temperature).

Delphinus
11-07-2005, 11:27 PM
Looks like we're looking at a Wednesday arrival for this stuff.

Are people going to be available to pick this stuff up on Wednesday? If not please PM me ASAP so that we can make alternate arrangements.

I will send a PM to those people who I think are in for sure. If you're in on this and don't have a PM from me within the next hour, better get in touch with me to straighten things up.

Delphinus
11-08-2005, 01:12 AM
Re. shipping costs. What I'd like to do is divide the shipping by the number of items altogether then each person pays based on # of items ordered. I'm guessing it will work out to about $2.50 per item, but we should know more tomorrow.

Delphinus
11-08-2005, 11:14 PM
Ok apparently the order is being repacked to be shipped down to Calgary tonight with a project arrival time of noon (hopefully). I will PM everyone with my address and contact info in the next little bit.

If you haven't squared up with Joshua for the payment, please do so tonight. Thanks.

Delphinus
11-08-2005, 11:49 PM
Ok everyone should now have a PM from me with directions to my place.

I guess as soon as I know more myself, I will be posting more info. I assume the box will be arriving by noon.

But I will post more info as details unfold.

meltdownaverted
11-09-2005, 02:42 AM
Where is my PM. I need your address and phone number tonight, I won't be near a computer tomorrow.

Delphinus
11-09-2005, 03:21 AM
Apparently the order is delayed until Thursday.... is that going to work for everyone?

.. In actual fact it kind of works not terribly well for me. Would anyone object if I asked to have the order shipped on Friday? Or does anyone else want to volunteer to have the order shipped to them?

Tarolisol
11-09-2005, 04:05 AM
Friday wouldnt work for me, im going to be away almost all day then, thursday is fine with me, what time does the shipment suppose to arrive?

Delphinus
11-09-2005, 05:33 AM
Ok Thursday it is then, I just hope UPS doesn't come when there's nobody home in the afternoon for a few hours. :confused:

Oh -- I guess it will be OK now that I think of it -- worst case scenario, I'll go up to the UPS depot at the end of the day, around 5 or 6 and wait for the truck to come in and grab the box. That's if the box doesn't come in the morning.

Argh, I suddenly remember why I don't like coordinating these things :lol:

Tarolisol
11-09-2005, 05:42 AM
If you wanted friday that fine if you can take care of my corals till around 6pm

Delphinus
11-09-2005, 05:44 AM
No problem..

Ok I'm asking him then to bump it to Friday unless there are any other objections.

Well actually I'll see if there's a way that the box could be delivered in the morning, if it can be then I guess there's no problem. Failing that then it has to be Friday ... sorry.

I can float the bags in my sump until people come by, that's no problem. As long as they're at reef temperatures I'm sure they'll be fine for a few hours.

Tarolisol
11-09-2005, 05:50 AM
Sounds good to me, just outa curiosity how much did everyone spend and how many things did everyone get?

Delphinus
11-09-2005, 05:52 AM
I ordered two things, the "super pink" Stylopora pistillata and a pink/purple Acro prostata. (What can I say I have a thing for pink SPS :lol: )

mr_alberta
11-09-2005, 05:58 AM
Dibs on frags Tony! :mrgreen: :lol:

Delphinus
11-09-2005, 03:25 PM
Hehe, sure .. I'm totally afraid these are gonna be wee little 1" frags that my wife is going to have a field day with. ("You spent WHAT?") Well hopefully not, guess we'll know soon enough!

Anyhow it looks like we're forging ahead with Thursday, using a morning delivery. Apparently UPS does has a upgraded service for guaranteed delivery by 9am or something like that.

mr_alberta
11-09-2005, 03:31 PM
Hehe, sure .. I'm totally afraid these are gonna be wee little 1" frags that my wife is going to have a field day with. ("You spent WHAT?") Well hopefully not, guess we'll know soon enough!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if the frags I got are any indication in size, then don't expect anything near 1". :sad:

The LPS and softie frags seem to be much larger though.

Delphinus
11-09-2005, 03:40 PM
:eek: Oh well ... maybe this will be a big learning exercise then ... nuts.

Joe Reefer
11-09-2005, 04:00 PM
The bottlebrush and digitata frags I recieved are maybe 1".

meltdownaverted
11-10-2005, 01:00 AM
So when can we stop by. I got tomorrow off now. I got three LPS, a ric, and a rhod, for $333

Delphinus
11-10-2005, 01:18 AM
Cool, come on by in the morning (call me before you come over to confirm though).

To all: I requested UPS early delivery; theoretically that means by 8am. So ... anytime after that would be good for pickup.

albert_dao
11-10-2005, 05:49 AM
Under an inch?????

OMFG! I am so owned, haha.

Delphinus
11-10-2005, 02:15 PM
Stuff is here! :cool: Come and get it!!! (ding ding ding ding ding ding)

muck
11-10-2005, 02:18 PM
How do they look Tony? :mrgreen:

Delphinus
11-10-2005, 02:21 PM
Not too bad. My 2 frags are about 2".

PS. I think I've called everyone for whom I have #'s now. I'm leaving for work around 9, so after that you'll have to call me to make arrangements for pickup. I can come home on about 10-15 minutes notice, so no worries there.

muck
11-10-2005, 02:26 PM
Did you end up getting that HOT pink Stylo? :eek:

albert_dao
11-10-2005, 08:58 PM
Hee hee!! So after all, I might be getting a whole 3.5" worth of frags for $120 vs $1.75".

ROXOR MY BOXORZ!

Pics as soon as they come.

BMW Rider
11-10-2005, 09:19 PM
I ordered an acropora samoensis and a pink/green catspaw. Both are in terrible condition with little flesh or polyps left on the skeletons. I doubt either will survive. :sad: :sad:

The acro is quite small too, but the catspaw is about 3"... not that it matters now.

meltdownaverted
11-11-2005, 12:08 AM
My favia was a ball of white mush and my ricordia was ripped almost in half, it should survive. My blasto does look very nice though. Any chance we will get reimbursed. There is no way this coral looked good when Joshua sent it.

BMW Rider
11-11-2005, 12:33 AM
My favia was a ball of white mush and my ricordia was ripped almost in half, it should survive. My blasto does look very nice though. Any chance we will get reimbursed. There is no way this coral looked good when Joshua sent it.

I sent him an email with a bunch of photos. Still waiting to hear back from him. Hopefully he can make it right. Basically, I spent $120 for two ounces of base rock otherwise. :cry: :cry:

Tarolisol
11-11-2005, 01:16 AM
All my zoos seem to be in good condition, one i will have to wait and see, over all most of the frags are bigger then what i order and look good. Ill take pictures when they open fullly.

BMW Rider
11-11-2005, 03:36 AM
I just heard from Joshua and he has agreed to give me a full refund. I'm disappointed that the corals did not survive the shipping, but very pleased with Joshua on this. Dealing with him was a very good experience all in all. Thanks again to Tony for handling the logistics of the deal too. Hope everyone elses corals fared better than mine.

I guess I'm back to looking for some nice sps again.