PDA

View Full Version : Sea Clone 150 skimmer Vs AquaC Remora Protein Skimmer

HimSelf
11-01-2005, 07:36 PM
I hear that AquaC Remora is better then the Sea Clone 150. But just how much better?

I'm thinking to put this on a 20gal tank with 2 clown and a lemon peel. Have about 15lb rock with soft corals and 2 small buble tips.

With the Sea Clone 150 I get about 1 cup a month. What will I get with a AquaC Remora Protein Skimmer?

Cheers :biggrin:

Funky_Fish14
11-01-2005, 11:19 PM
How much skimmate you get depends on how wattery the skimmate your getting is. If your looking for dry stuff you might get a cup, if your looking for wattery skimmate you could get 6 cups...

Chris

HimSelf
11-07-2005, 05:19 AM
Man bought this AquaC skimmer today from a this nice guy and he has used it for about 2 month.

Very easy to set up and left it runing with the collecting box set to very low. The next morning I checked and there was not that much wast at all. I would say my SeaClone 150 would of done the same if not better.

I will give it another week see if it will get better.

Cheers

Go Lions!
12-06-2005, 10:54 PM
Hey, I'm using the AquaC Remora and couldn't be happier with it's performance. I traded in my RedSea Prizm for it... (that is an absolute POS... that I wouldn't recommend to anyone) I don't have any experience with the other one you metioned but the Remora is quiet, efficient, and works very well. How much foam you get depends on how high you have your collection cup adjusted. I've got mine set as low as it will go and I'm getting on average of about 1/3rd of a cup per day. In your case with a smaller 20g tank simply adjust the cup up a little higher. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

OCDP
12-13-2005, 04:33 PM
I use a Remora on a 20g .. with no experience with the other skimmer. I get about a full cup of skimmate a week. On the wettest setting though... the Remora is great, quite, user friendly and all around efficient. Cleaning is a breeze as well as maintenance.

Go with the Remora.. they're highly recommended.

albert_dao
12-23-2005, 01:45 AM
Let's not compare the two, let's instead direct attention towards the fact that the Seaclone is, without a doubt, one of the worse entry level skimmers on the market.

An RC search (try 2 AM, I find the server pretty dead around then, Ha!) should be more than enough to back up what I'm saying.

Funky_Fish14
01-30-2006, 09:55 PM
Just another point, theres a reason they are nick-named Seaclowns, lol.

MobyDick
01-30-2006, 10:34 PM
I have a seaclown..lol..100 and it can pull a cup a week of "coffey"colored skimmate...run a 20 gal...I think iworks fine ,but I've also never tried the AquaC Remora...I did buy a AquaC ev-120 though for my next system if that helps....

TheReefGeek
02-01-2006, 05:22 PM
Give the Remora some time to break in to your system, I bet in a few weeks you will notice a difference. If you dont, then you probably do not have a very high bioload, and could probably support more inhabitants with the Remora. When I ran a remora pro it was a great skimmer.

geopod
02-03-2006, 03:44 AM
I used to have a seaclone.But I found it very finicky always adjusting the air either too much or not enough then finally I got ****ed off and got rid of it.I use a prism now.And YES it is working and does good.I havent tried the aqua rmora though.Keep us posted.

george