PDA

View Full Version : Euroreef problem

whaase
10-31-2005, 02:19 AM
I took my ER out to clean it, when I fired it back up it sounded like the pump was "loose" almost like the impeller was rubbing on the sides. I did notice a white washer between the top of the impeller and the rubber stopper on the top of the ceramic shaft. Is there supposed to be 2? I'm wondering if I lost one down the drain...?

Walter

christyf5
10-31-2005, 03:41 AM
I only have one of those washer thingys on mine. I've noticed its made some weird noises on several occasions after turning it off to clean it. The sound usually goes away after I inspect it several times. I've never really figured out what I'm doing wrong...or right for that matter :razz:

Ruth
10-31-2005, 03:49 AM
There! I knew there had to be another reason, other than being lazy, that I haven't cleaned any of my pumps for quite some time. :redface:

christyf5
10-31-2005, 04:03 AM
Why clean them if they aren't dirty? :wink:

whaase
11-02-2005, 11:46 PM
I think my mistake was cleaning it! It just growns and moans now...

Walter

I only have one of those washer thingys on mine. I've noticed its made some weird noises on several occasions after turning it off to clean it. The sound usually goes away after I inspect it several times. I've never really figured out what I'm doing wrong...or right for that matter :razz:

christyf5
11-03-2005, 12:31 AM
I just unplugged it for a bit, then plugged it back in. Eventually it stopped :wink: