PDA

View Full Version : Anyone keeping different kinds of clowns together.

trilinearmipmap
10-30-2005, 09:24 PM
I have a pair of Ocellaris clowns, after 9 months they still will not host in my BTA, they prefer the torch coral.

I would really like to get maroons. Of course I have read that 2 different kinds of clowns are not compatible, however I have also read all kinds of things that didn't turn out to be true.

Is there anyone keeping two different clown pairs together, and how are they doing?

Ruth
10-30-2005, 09:46 PM
Yup but in a big tank. 2 large sebaes, 2 false percs and a small gold stripe maroon that is going to be leaving home soon for a new tank. No aggression except the maroon gets ticked at the sebaes when they come too close to his anemone but he doesn't try to fight just accompanies them by.

trilinearmipmap
10-31-2005, 01:44 AM
Yup but in a big tank.

How big of a tank?

Ruth
10-31-2005, 02:23 AM
230g with about 400# of live rock so lots of hiding places even though clowns are not known for hiding and mine generally don't.

adidas
10-31-2005, 02:33 AM
i have an Ocellaris and two saddlebacks together.. they all get along. been together for about 3 months.

KrazyKuch
10-31-2005, 02:48 AM
We have 2 Tomato Clowns and 1 oscillaris clown in a 77Gal they tolerate each other as long as they stay on their sides of the tank!!!

I would say be very carefull with putting in a maroon clown cause I have heard and read that they are one of the most aggresive clown fish.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
10-31-2005, 04:21 AM
I have a pair of gold striped Maroons (introduced later) with my original pair of breeding Ocellaris clowns. They're in a 6' tank & each pair calls one LR structure home :biggrin: The GSMs host my LTA & my Oc. host rhodactis mushrooms.

Anthony