PDA

View Full Version : FS: Bright Red Alveopora

OCDP
10-29-2005, 06:39 PM
Selling the following: Bright Red Alveopora. (pics coming very shortly)

Very nice coral... has very nice red/hot pink color with blue centers. Reason I am selling: No darn room in my 20g for this coral. It is doing great.... I don't know why they are classified as hard to keep. I have had great success with it. It is the size of a golf ball (maybe a little bigger) when closed. I would also trade for SPS Frags OR zoanthid frags If no one has a trade then I will be selling for $30 Local only,

Thanks
Scott

OCDP
10-31-2005, 02:39 PM
this is not a recent shot... but you get the idea.. and the metal halides really wash out the colors in the pic. It's a really nice deep red color and the blue is a very vibrant blue. A nice piece I just have no room for it

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/OCDP2005/IMGP0989Medium.jpg

BMW Rider
10-31-2005, 06:04 PM
Hey just to let you know, that is actually a Goniopora. Alveopora have 12 tentacle tips per polyp while Goniopora have 24. I count 24 in you picture (well actually its hard to get an acurate count, but there are certainly more than 12 :lol: ) Nice coral just the same and has the same husbandry requirements to alveopora.

OCDP
10-31-2005, 06:37 PM
Oh! heh thanks for clearing that up then... either way, nice piece and very healthy !

Sale Pending :exclaim:

Will let you all know if it falls through.