PDA

View Full Version : got a suggestion

StirCrazy
10-29-2005, 12:53 AM
well maybe more of an idea. sense we are starting to get discussions all over the place which is making it hard for the mods to keep order of where posts are being made, why don't we change things around a bit.

Make the Newbie area a read only section where "mods" can put stuff they thing might be good reading for "Newbies" as well as explain how to work the board, like posting pics, searches, ect.

second why don't we do away with the "reef" area and expand that to two sections maybe called "general livestock issues" and "general hardware issues"

or something else if it makes more sense. this will also help stream line searching.

just a suggestion if ya don't like it tell me to be quiet :mrgreen:

Steve

christyf5
10-29-2005, 01:00 AM
its in the works :biggrin:

StirCrazy
10-29-2005, 01:18 AM
its in the works :biggrin:

cool :smile:

Steve

trilinearmipmap
10-29-2005, 01:29 AM
My suggestion would be also to have a featured coral for discussion every month.

This worked really well on a plant board I was on, each month they would feature one plant, have pictures of it, care information, and a discussion thread about that plant.

christyf5
10-29-2005, 02:10 AM
My suggestion would be also to have a featured coral for discussion every month.

This worked really well on a plant board I was on, each month they would feature one plant, have pictures of it, care information, and a discussion thread about that plant.

Hey cool idea! :cool:

Jaws
10-29-2005, 03:05 AM

I like the sounds of that. Maybe expand it to 1 coral and 1 fish even.

Johnny Reefer
10-29-2005, 03:55 AM

I like the sounds of that. Maybe expand it to 1 coral and 1 fish even.

:cool: Double cool idea! :cool:

titus
10-29-2005, 04:04 AM
Hello,

Hey thanks Steve for bringing this up. And Trilinearmipmap that's an awesome idea. I guess you have a list of livestock all lined up for discussion? :mrgreen:

Like Christy said we are scratching our heads for some new ideas to help us and the members to make the board more structured. So ideas are always welcome. This would take some time but in the end it should be good.

Titus

trilinearmipmap
10-29-2005, 03:57 PM
Here (http://aquabotanicwetthumb.infopop.cc/groupee/forums/a/frm/f/3506023812) is the plant forum I was talking about with threads on each individual plant for discussion.