PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Nov. 6. - Surrey and Area Tank Tour.

Xtasia
10-27-2005, 11:30 PM
The Tour is definitely on!

Date: Sunday Nov. 6…
Itinerary:

11:00 Gathering at Ocean Aquatics http://www.oceanaquatics.com/). OA has generously offered a promotion for Tour participants.
11:30 Sushilicious will arrive.
12:00 Leave OA to the first house. I will have maps and directions to give the drivers.
4:00 Tour is over. Go to restaurant. (optional)

Keep your eyes here!

Tanks to be viewed are…

Jason McK – Nice collection of corals.
Hockeynut – Reef tank with over 30+ different types of Zooanthids. Infamous Chaetoball.
Props – Gorgeous SPS, Zooanthid and Acan Collection.
Mike Olsen – Nice 72g Bowfront with lots of life.
Tom R – 2 large established tanks. High Tech fish room, High quality, high end DIY.

Mike Olson
10-29-2005, 08:42 AM
After seeing a pic of props tank and reading the description of everyone elses....mine might look a little 'plain' :redface:

hockey nut
10-29-2005, 09:44 AM
After seeing a pic of props tank and reading the description of everyone elses....mine might look a little 'plain' :redface:

I doubt that Mike. My tank is only 7 months old and is considered a beginners tank IMO. So it may appeal to some and not to others but we all started out somewhere. I learn alot from seeing other peoples tanks and setups and enjoy sharing stories of dos and don'ts. Every tank is different with its own unique qualities and designs. My tank is mostly frags of zoos and some other corals, nothing mind blowing. But I have one fish that most people have not seen before other than pictures. I'll get more interest in him than anything else I'm sure. :mrgreen: Which is fine by me. :biggrin: I look forward to seeing your tank Mike. It's going to be a fun day.

A very BIG THANKS to Ivy for setting this up. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Jason McK
10-29-2005, 04:00 PM
Ya Mine Sucks too :)

Well I'm hoping for a lot of constructive criticism

J

Jason McK
10-29-2005, 04:42 PM
So how many people are going on the tour?

Just wondering how clean I have to make the house LOL

J

Xtasia
10-29-2005, 04:51 PM
Guys... hey! You are totally fired as the marketing for this team!

FIRED!

SERIOUSLY these guys are being modest.. come see the tanks! It's going to be a good time.

Mike Olson
10-29-2005, 05:58 PM
I am really looking forward to showing the tank. I have had so much enjoyment (with a pinch of frustration :lol: ) this past year...I wish I would have thought about setting up a reef 10 yrs ago...ah the myths :rolleyes: I am excited about seeing everyone elses and getting ideas for the new tank.

props
10-29-2005, 07:44 PM
my tank looks like crap right now as i'm still in the process of getting all my corals back.. hopefully i'll have them all by the 6th.. and then theres the algae =o/ .. also the tank is in my garage right now lol

Diana
10-30-2005, 02:02 AM
Too bad its on the day of the VAHC meeting/auction!

:mrgreen:
-Diana

Tom R
10-30-2005, 04:57 AM
Hi Ivy

I am looking forward to seeing everyones tanks. You know where I will be all day Saturday? Cleaning up both tanks. You know how lazy I can be. Oh well if it wasn't for these tank tours my tanks would never get cleaned up.

See you all on Sunday!!!

Tom R