PDA

View Full Version : propping live rock against the glass

DanG
10-27-2005, 09:48 PM
When it comes to aquascaping, I've seen a lot of it, but been told on several occasions that it's dangerous.
Other than the risk of scratching the glass, is there a reasonable risk of breaking glass? How about flow behing the rocks if I set stuff up in the corner?

Abbyreefer
10-27-2005, 09:56 PM
I have to admit I put mine up against the glass.... What you be concerned about is how much preasure the rock is puting on the glass, scratches and if the rock falls then you could have problems with the glass cracking.
________
buy silversurfer vaporizer (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/silver-surfer)

Chin_Lee
10-28-2005, 12:24 AM
i leave enough room for magnet cleaner to get through just in case i want to clean. also better flow around the rocks if need be.

Jaws
10-28-2005, 12:36 AM
i leave enough room for magnet cleaner to get through just in case i want to clean. also better flow around the rocks if need be.

That's my biggest concern. If there is not enough flow behind the rocks then you could have a big algae build up back there.

Chin_Lee
10-28-2005, 12:49 AM

That's my biggest concern. If there is not enough flow behind the rocks then you could have a big algae build up back there.
and other nasty stuff

Jaws
10-29-2005, 03:07 AM
I've also lost a couple fish to getting stuck between the rocks and the glass too. They were mostly new fish that were still fairly weak and unable to free themselves but nonetheless.