PDA

View Full Version : For sale: Fish's Two Gallon Cube

Fish
10-27-2005, 06:56 PM
Hello all,

I am selling my 8" Starfire cube along with the eheim 2128 thermo filter that runs it. The cannister filter has been fitted with submersible pond lights which allow you to grow chaetomorpha inside (included are 4 replacement bulbs). I also have a 13w power compact desklamp (which would be fine for growing softies) which comes with the original 6700k bulb and two 50/50 10000k/actinics (one used for a couple months, one never used). I can also include the desklamp fixture that I am currently using to house my 70w metal halide. I will need to keep my halide for my new system but it is all ready for you to drop a new retrofit inside it.

Asking $250

I have discovered that I am not truly happy unless I am in the process of building a system and because of finances, I have to sell my current one before I start on another project. You can see this system in my videos or check out the threads. It is currently the Thread of the Month at Reef Central.

Cheers,

- Chad

fakename
10-27-2005, 09:11 PM
Sorry to hear you are selling this system! I have enjoyed your posts about it here and on reefcentral.
How difficult would the system be to install?? For example would it just be drilling a couple of holes in a stand, or something more complex to get this tank set up??

Fish
10-27-2005, 09:29 PM
fakename,
Thanks. I will really miss this tank (and all the attention that went along with it :razz: ) but I guess I enjoy building a SW tank more than I enjoy keeping one... The system is all ready to go. It just needs a couple holes drilled in whatever you put it on, connect the hoses to the bulkheads, then fill it up with water. I can include the LR rubble and chaetomorpha inside the filter as well.

- Chad

Beermaster
10-27-2005, 10:12 PM
Chad, nooooooooooooooooooooooo

lol, i now can wait to see the next project you throw together lol

Beverly
10-27-2005, 11:51 PM
Hah! You'll have to make a new video of the new tank :biggrin: :cool:

Fish
10-28-2005, 02:10 AM
Mark,
Haha thanks man. Hey, I didn't know that you played bf2. Sweet! My profile name is {YYC}Fish and I play on teamspeak with a group of guys.
Send me a PM if you want to team up some time.

Beverly,
That's another reason too. I have already shot this nano from every conceivable angle :razz:

Cheers,

- Chad

woodcarver
10-28-2005, 04:56 AM
Hi Chad, Must say a big thank you for sharing your nano cube , I cannot recall how many times I have visited your thread to gaze at the aesthetic wonder that you have created . I wonder what else you have in store for us :biggrin: :biggrin:
As they say the journey is as important as arriving .
Hope you find a good home ......
Keep us involved and thanks again...................

Dave.

Fish
10-28-2005, 05:34 AM
Dave,
Thank you very much for the compliment and good luck with your own nano project as well :cool: .

- Chad

Fish
10-28-2005, 05:44 AM
Some pictures:

Baisically how it works:

http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/500/1185050121-med.jpg

Execept the tank now comes with the larger filter seen on the left (you can see the submersible chaeto lights in the foreground):

http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/500/1185inside.jpg
You can also have the original filter as well if you want it... has a hole in the top from being drilled for the chaeto lights though)

A look at the lamp (I have two of these bulbs):

http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/500/1185050228_010.jpg

You can also have the halide-ready fixture (sorry I have to keep the halide):

http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/500/1185tankshot.jpg

And you can also have Towser the tabby cat. She has been spayed and is great with kids:

http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/500/1185towser.jpg

No, seriously, my wife doesn't like her.

Cheers,

- Chad

Fish
10-28-2005, 04:15 PM
Price now $240

- Chad

kellehar
10-28-2005, 04:40 PM
ive been looking for a cube tank but its a bit to rich for my blood

Fish
10-28-2005, 05:34 PM
Justin,
In that case, the tank alone is available for $50.

- Chad

Bob I
10-28-2005, 05:37 PM
Do you use anything to heat that tank Chad. :question:

Fish
10-28-2005, 06:24 PM
Bob, you changed your name!
No I didn't heat it because the submersible lights and filter pump kept the water at a constant 78 degrees during the night and the halide only raised it to 80 during the day. The room has a stable temp already in order to reduce stress on the most delicate organism there is --- me :razz:
If I were keeping it in the basement or somewhere cooler and had to heat it, I would build an in-line heater and connect it to my filter hose.

The tank itself may be spoken for. I will let you know.

- Chad

deacon hemp
10-28-2005, 09:55 PM
Fish YGPM!

Fish
10-29-2005, 12:48 AM
deacon,
Actually I didn't GPM yet :razz: . Is it possible that it went to someone else by mistake?
Talk to you soon,

- Chad

deacon hemp
10-30-2005, 01:11 AM
Umm i think my pm's to you havent worked? but i will take the tank for sure if you still have it and if you'll ship it? just the tank only?

Fish
10-30-2005, 03:02 AM
deacon,
ya, I haven't received any of your PMs for some reason but the tank is yours because no one has gotten back to me to confirm the sale yet.
Along with the tank, I can send you the Eheim2222 cannister filter that I used to have running it. The cannister filter was drilled for chaeto lights so you can run it with lights or just plug the whole. Also the filter has a cracked locking clamp that should probably be replaced. I think an LFS would charge $10-$15 for it. Here is a photo of the part:
http://www.eheim.nl/e/Zubehoer.cgi?Mode=eliste&Filter=Gesamtliste&welches=2222
It is the one labeled "7343118 Locking clamp for double tap unit ". The good news is, I will give you the filter for free if you are willing to pay shipping on it.
Finally, for $25 I can also send you the 13w power compact desklamp and the three bulbs. Let me know what all you want and your postal code and I will work on getting a shipping quote.
Cheers,

- Chad

deacon hemp
10-30-2005, 03:21 AM
noice i got it!

Fish
10-30-2005, 03:24 AM
It looks like the tank has been sold. Thank you everyone for your interest.

The cat is still available for -$5 (you get the cat, litter box, cat food, and $5 cash).

- Chad