PDA

View Full Version : ABS Sump 'thing'

Mike Olson
10-27-2005, 04:04 AM
Hoping someone can help me out here! I have heard that ABS should not be used in a salt water system...the only reason I can think of is maybe through time it becomes brittle :question: I see many people using rubbermaid containers and such...most contain a form of Abs in the moulding. The reason I am asking is I have come across (through work) what is essentially a new ABS interceptor that y looks like a bucket with fused 1 1/2 threaded outlets on each side. The inlet has an elbow that drops down to within 1 1/2 inches of the bottom, the outlet is 1 1/2 inchs and runs out approx 2 inches lower that the inlet (about 14 inches off the bottom) :rolleyes: It has a pressure sealed top that fastens down with 14 stainless bolts (they do not come into contact w/water) It holds approx 5-7 gals. As soon as I saw this I thought that there is SOME application that I could incorporate into the system :eek: Im thinking that it would work great for building up copepods etc. or puting live rock for extra filtration, live sand...gimme some ideas if this all actually makes sense!!!! :redface: :rolleyes: :idea:

Mike Olson
10-27-2005, 04:07 AM
This would be for the 150 bowfront I am setting up...these ABS interceptors are ued for labs etc.