PDA

View Full Version : aqua safe ro/di unit instalation help

scuglass
10-25-2005, 09:19 PM
ok so i am trying to hook up my new ro unit(maximus with the tank). i want to put the unit in my furnace foom and there is no sink in there but a bunch of water lines. can i just tap into one of those (ex. the one going to the water sofener, or coming out of the water sofener(which one of these would be better?)) and then just allow the waste water to flow down a drain on the floor rather than hooking it up to the black piping that is under a sink??

also can u guys show me pictures of ur setups with autotop ups and such

thanks scott

Invigor
10-25-2005, 09:28 PM
I put mine after the water softener and have the waste down the same drain as the washing machine.

if you want an autotopup, goto rona or homedepot to the furnace humidifyer isle and get a float valve there.. They're $5 instead of $30+ for a "aquarium" made one. I have my ro/di fill into a plastic rubbermaid garbage pail with the floatvalve in it..works quite well, no leaks.

scuglass
10-25-2005, 09:38 PM
do u also have the tank ? and does the pail also have a top off in ur sump which is fed by this pail?

Invigor
10-25-2005, 09:40 PM
yes i have a tank, i got a T fitting from rona to go from there to the pail, no the pail doesn't drain into my tank..I figured that's a problem waiting to happen, so I left it for myself to do

scuglass
10-26-2005, 01:59 AM
hmm i tried to post this and i dont think it worked so if there is a double post sorry. another question did u pack the beads into the clear cartridge or did u just fill it to the top because i just filled it and have some more left??

ne 1 else plumb theres differently

thanks

Invigor
10-26-2005, 02:00 AM
mine didn't fill all the way, I managed to spill the bag before I got it all in :|

scuglass
10-26-2005, 02:03 AM
lol thats funny sorry :biggrin: do u use this for drinking water as well i heard somewhere that u arent supposed to drink the di water but befor the di is ok....

Invigor
10-26-2005, 02:07 AM
yes I do, but only after it goes through the "for taste and odour" filter..I do find it to have a sticky dryness to it though...although it makes really good coffee. :mrgreen:

whatever you do, let your little tank fill up and drain it out entirely once before drinking any of it. this will save yourself from a quite upset stomach (just couldn't wait)