PDA

View Full Version : wtb: peppermint shrimps?

fresh
10-24-2005, 08:48 PM
As the title says. I need some peppermints to erradicate my aptaisia problem.

I checked with a couple of the pet-stores in lower-mainland, but nobody seems to have any at the time being.

Thanks
Fresh.

WWWD
10-24-2005, 08:50 PM
oa has a whole pile of them.

Samw
10-24-2005, 10:36 PM
I want to sell mine as soon as I catch the bugger.

I think he's responsible for wiping out my feather dusters and christmas tree worms. :smile: In addition, my bristleworm population also decreased dramatically since I got the Peppermint shrimp. I've read on RC about other people having a decrease in bristleworms as well after getting Peppermints. I actually saw him eating my Cocoworm. :cry: I only have a couple of Christmas tree worms left and they close up during the day and come out only during the night.

Bob I
10-25-2005, 12:05 AM
I want to sell mine as soon as I catch the bugger.

I think he's responsible for wiping out my feather dusters and christmas tree worms. :smile: In addition, my bristleworm population also decreased dramatically since I got the Peppermint shrimp. I've read on RC about other people having a decrease in bristleworms as well after getting Peppermints. I actually saw him eating my Cocoworm. :cry: I only have a couple of Christmas tree worms left and they close up during the day and come out only during the night.

You may not remember Sam, but waaayy back I posted pictures of a Peppermint snacking on Featherdusters. :eek:

lukep77
10-25-2005, 12:53 AM
I bought a pepermint shrimp to knock of my aptasia and it didint work.
I ended up going out an buying some Kent Marine Expert series TURBO-CALCIUM. Just mixed with some water and squirted it over the aptasia.
Dead instantly. Sort of worked like Joes juice but much better.

When mixed with water the Turbo calcium gets hot, just watch your eyes, and skin on your hands.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
10-25-2005, 02:09 AM
My peppermints didn't really touch the aptasia but my Copperband loves them. Maybe if you're LRs are small enough, I can let him chow down on your aptasia. :eating:

Anthony

fresh
10-25-2005, 03:59 PM
Thanks Anthony, but not thanks. The rocks are not humongosly big, but I have an aptaisia or two on each rock. Now I have roughly 100lbs of rock, so it is kind of hard to be giving you that to clean by your copperband :wink:

Plus the fact that the system is already setup and running and I really don't want to mess-up the aquascaping. Pics to come soon in the "Pictures" forum.

Anyhow, so you guys are saying that peppermints will not help especially on the bigger aptaisia? I have a few bigger ones :sad:

Is it even worth a try?

GobiGurl
10-25-2005, 08:29 PM
A few weeks ago I had a huge problem with aptasia and have gone thru 2 and a half bottles of joes juice. Seems to be working so far. I heard that it makes it worse because they spread when you use it. Guess I'll find out if thats true or not. If you do find that peppermint shirmp help, you can certainly borrow mine. Poor little guy has been stuck in my refugium for a while now awaiting the exit of Richs snowflake eel from my tank.

Let me know...