PDA

View Full Version : FS/T: Healthy Juvenile Niger Trigger (2")

Psyire
10-22-2005, 09:03 PM
Hello,

I'm looking to trade or sell my Juvenile Niger Trigger. I'll take pretty much anything I can get as I have to get rid of him. :(

I live in Northern Alberta (Valleyview) but I'm in Edmonton atleast once a month so I can bring him into the city if there's someone there who wants him.

Thanks,
Psyire

Ruth
10-22-2005, 09:07 PM
I might be interested. Is he misbehaving?

Psyire
10-22-2005, 09:40 PM
Here's the story...

I bought the Niger on Oct. 11th along with 2x Flasher Wrasses. (One Filamented and One Unknown) So I added them to QT, which is my 50g FOWLR tank. Residents of this QT tank include, 1x Green Clown Goby, 1x Blue Neon Goby, 1x Ocel. Clown, 2x Cleaner Shrimp, 1x Peppermint Shrimp, and lots of hermits & snails.

My fish spend one month in this tank under observation before I deem them safe and move them into my 180g. I have been lucky so far and not had any disease or parasites to worry about. In the event I do, my course of action would be to remove the fish into Hospital tanks and treat them there.

Anyways, back to the Niger.. Over the first few days I noticed that he didn't get along very well with the smallest flasher wrasse. (unknown) He never outright chased him or made a point of getting in his face but they got into quarrels every now and then. After a few more days the wrasse started to hide more and more and I hardly seen him. Then one night I happend to see them get into a quick spat and then the wrasse was swimming funny... he lost a fin. So he continued to swim around funny for a couple more days and I haven't seen him since. (about 5 days ago) Someone told me that they can hide in the sand for up to a week but I don't know if this is true or not.

The Niger is completely fine with the other fish in the tank as I've seen no aggression towards them at all. The Neon goby, Clown, and Wrasse all swim around the tank with the Niger and no problems. So I don't know what it was about this other fish that they fought, but for some reason they didn't get along.

He has shown absolutely no interest in the Shrimp, Crabs or Snails. Which is a good thing, but I guess it's pretty normal with Nigers.

I've decided that he's going to get too big for my 180g and I don't really want to try and catch a fish once they go into the tank. It's hard enough catching them in the 50g QT tank. I also don't know if he's going to cause any problems with other fish. It's a tough call really.

So that's where I'm at.

Psyire
10-23-2005, 03:13 AM
Sold!

Thanks.