PDA

View Full Version : Missing fish

seashells
10-22-2005, 05:23 AM
Hi all<

Picked up a pair gobies over the weekend. They were together in the same tank for a couple weeks at the lfs. The first couple days home they were visible together doing their thing. They built places under this rock. Now one is missing. They were eating well & sleeping under a rock. The remaining goby has covered all the entrances leading under the rock, but disapears at night & in the morning the cave is open brefly then covered again. It now seems to be guarding the rock. Its been 2 days now since we have seen them together. Tank is covered. Any ideas? I have found another entrance under the same rock... but still see only 1 gobie.

Shellie

EmilyB
10-22-2005, 06:45 AM
What kind of gobies?

seashells
10-22-2005, 04:09 PM
They are sleeper gobies

vanreefer
10-22-2005, 04:33 PM
maybe its sleeping? :lol:

Sorry couldn't resist.... Hope it turns up safe and sound :wink:
Dan

seashells
10-22-2005, 07:23 PM
The one gobie that is still around digs out when the lights come on in the morning, then, covers the hole again untill he slips away again at night. Do most Gobies cover their den every day?

GMGQ
10-26-2005, 07:21 PM
I've got 2 gobies missing the past few days. A Firefish and a Neon Goby. I've had the Firefish for about a week, and I bought 2 Neon Gobes 2 days ago, and one's already missing! :(

I have no predators in the tank, so I dunno where they could have gone.