PDA

View Full Version : need help wiring

Edmonton Eskimo
10-21-2005, 11:52 PM
I bought a new ballast and I need to know how to wire it. I was going to copy the other ballast but this ballast only has one cap wire and the old one had two. Where does the other cap wire go to?

Invigor
10-22-2005, 03:43 AM
one wire of your cap should go to the wire labelled "277/ cap" connecting to the ballast (just 2 wires together)

the other wire on the cap should goto the ignitor "x2/com", the common wire going to the ballast "com", and the white wire going to the lamp (4 wires together)

however, do not take my advice if you don't have an ignitor..i've never wired my own without ignitors and bad things might happen :neutral:

Edmonton Eskimo
10-22-2005, 06:25 PM
okay I'm a little confused here. What I have is 2 com wires coming out of the ballast. a 120 volt wire, 347 volt wire and a cap wire. On the other side of the ballast there is a lamp wire and an x3 wire. The ignitor has an x3 an x2 and an x1 lamp wire. The cap has two wires and then I have my power plug and a quick disconnect plug. I know I have to hook one of the cap wires to the cap wire from the ballast(does it matter which wire from the cap?) I hook the lamp wire from the ignitor to the lamp wire from the ballast. Basically I'm confused on how to hook the plug wires and the quick disconnect plug. With this info can someone give me a step by step to hook this up. Any help greatly appreciated.

Edmonton Eskimo
10-22-2005, 10:50 PM
I could really use some help on this.