PDA

View Full Version : arc t5s

Invigor
10-21-2005, 03:13 AM
has anyone purchased some arc brand T5 bulbs from aquaria.ca? just seeing if it's worth my time...most cases cheap lights aren't...just curious though.

Salinity Now
10-21-2005, 03:36 AM
From what everyone at RC has been posting, it would appear to be ATI or nothing. But for $19.99 a lamp, maybe it's worth the gamble?

Invigor
10-21-2005, 04:32 AM
a guy in town has some PFO t5s and they're quite formidable..I haven't even heard of ati...other than my radeon :mrgreen:

also, not sure if it's still on, but you could get a box of 4 48" t5s for $60 arc brand..

Salinity Now
10-21-2005, 05:00 AM
ATI - Computers
http://www.ati.com/

ATI - T5 HO Lighting
http://www.reefgeek.com/products/categories/lighting/104035.html

:biggrin:

Salinity Now
10-21-2005, 05:08 AM
also, not sure if it's still on, but you could get a box of 4 48" t5s for $60 arc brand..

Too bad they only have the 48" lengths. I have a 36" setup. :sad:

a guy in town has some PFO t5s and they're quite formidable
Yep, mine give off a nice glow as well! :cool:

IJO
10-22-2005, 01:22 AM
I do not post much on canreef but figured since we are the distributor for the ARC brand here in Canada... I chime in.

The 24" and 36" T5 lamps are currently being manufactured and should be available in 6-8 weeks. We currently stock 48" in 10000k, 12000k, and Super Actinic. We've been running these lamps on our systems for about 8 months now without issue. In addition to this... we have yet to receive any defective or unhappy clients who have purchased the ARC brand of T5 lamps(knock on wood). All i can say is give them a try... if your not completely satisfied with them...send them back and we will gladly apply credit to your account. We will even pay the return shipping.

On another note... the ARC MH lamp series has had their fair share of defects/lamps not fireing on certain ballasts/unhappy clients. All our request to make a much more reliable MH lamp have been met(been testing the new series for about 3 months now without issue) and are currently being manufactured. I will make sure to make a note to update you all once our shipments arrive.

Hope this answers a few of your questions.

IJO

Ruth
10-22-2005, 01:30 AM
I just measured mine and they are 56" - does that sound right?