PDA

View Full Version : ReefTec Current Wave Generator?

GinKu
08-18-2002, 04:22 AM
check this out http://www.reeftec.com/
can u guys make this?
seems simple enough right?
oh ya terrance wong thanks for the website

Troy F
08-18-2002, 05:48 AM
They've been talked about for the last couple of months. Yes they look simple but I think there some difficulties involved beyond glueing a prop to your impeller. The mounting bracket would be simple.

Kenzy
08-18-2002, 07:53 AM
Posted to this on a different thread, the mounting shaft shouldn't be too hard but then I haven't started really looking for something suitable yet. Walmart carries the pump in Ontario.

Terrance Wong
08-18-2002, 01:36 PM
See my post in the Reef section. smile.gif

I agree, the mounting bracket shouldn't be that hard, but to make it look good is another matter.

I agree that shaft is the hardest thing...it has to be a very good fit and finish, even the slightest off centre will create all sorts of problems.

Terrance

GinKu
08-18-2002, 05:01 PM
common u guys haha
for those of u can make a skimmer, reactor, tanks,
don't tell me u guys can't even do this haha
i'm sure u guys will be able to do it

ReefVan
11-28-2002, 12:24 AM
Even better, why not view what Mustang has built on Reef Central. He calls it what you get when you cross Tunze & ReefTec...

Looks good and not bulky like the ReefTec, try it out. It's in the DIY forum on Reef Central. :D

jb1974
11-28-2002, 02:50 AM
They are not that difficult to build. My husband built 2 PE-2's. The hardest thing was finding the prop. Most hobby stores don't stock the R designated propellor so you have to special order them usually. I have to say that these things coupled with seaswirls provide some of the best random current generation I have seen for medium/large tanks. Mustangs design is much more compact which is even better :) We are using a black prop at the moment...not sure if it makes much of a difference when compared to the Octura 1250R...we did have to remove the metal nut though. We also put a guard of black eggrate (now that was hard to find) over the outlet as the reeftecs are on a wavemaster and I didn't want starfish/fish puree...