PDA

View Full Version : scrapin coraline

smokinreefer
11-28-2001, 10:22 PM
how often do you guys need to scrape coraline off your front glass? and what have you found to be the most effective method of doing so?

i have coraline coming out my wazoo...and its gettin to be a real pita!

christyf5
11-28-2001, 10:26 PM
Hey I'll take the scrapings off yer hands!! Seriously!

Christy images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

SuperFudge
11-28-2001, 10:28 PM
Hey Shao,

If its glass,i just use a razor blade or a stiff credit card,either work good.

If its plexi,you still use your credit card....except you use it to purchase another tank.... `cuase its no good anymore images/smiles/icon_wink.gif.

Just kidding,i think the card still scrapes pretty good on plexi,but i dont have experience with that one.

Marc.

reefburnaby
11-28-2001, 11:03 PM
Hi,

I use one of those putty knives. Basically a stainless plate attached to a handle.

I know this is off topic...but what is going on with this board. Monday was like somebody died or something....and today...there so many posts that I can't keep track of them.

- Victor.

[ 28 November 2001: Message edited by: reefburnaby ]

smokinreefer
11-28-2001, 11:28 PM
yeah, i suppose i'll just go get a box o razors..ive been using my old credit cards but they tend to get dull and crack up and get worn down on me.

christy, your more than welcome to some scrapins...just let me know when your in town.

christyf5
11-29-2001, 12:38 AM
awesome! thanks images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

canadawest
11-29-2001, 01:35 AM
Kent Pro-Scraper!

Goes through algae and coraline like a hot knife through butter. One of my best purchases, and certainly gets used at least once or twice a week.

Replaceable blades too, so I have a metal one for the glass tank, and a plastic one for the acrylic.

FlameAngel
11-29-2001, 02:24 AM
I use a magnet which works if the coralline is fairly new. but after that I have to use a rasor blade. ARGH IT's a chore

FlameAngel

SuperFudge
11-29-2001, 02:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by reefburnaby:

I know this is off topic...but what is going on with this board. Monday was like somebody died or something....and today...there so many posts that I can't keep track of them.

- Victor.

[ 28 November 2001: Message edited by: reefburnaby ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well it was Monday.....what else? images/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kidding,The problem was all taken care of....And now theres just nothin left to whine about. images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

If youd like to carry the discussion further...we can now go in the LOUNGE. images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Marc.

titus
11-29-2001, 03:58 PM
Hello Guys,

Simple, I cut a long narrow piece of acrylic to reach deeper into the tank, and a short wide piece of acrylic to scrap the rest of the glass surface. It works much better than the Kent or whatever stuff. The wide piece scraps so much faster too. Kind of like the Gilette Mach 3.

Titus

Tropical Paradise
11-30-2001, 05:52 PM
Dump 5 gallons of vinegar into your tank. All the coralline algae will disappear. Oh, I forgot to mention, also your corals and pretty much everything else will disappear too! j/k

kent Pro scrapper with metal blade is the best way. You can soak powerheads in vinegar to dissolve it when you can bear it no more.

Hope this helps!

Kai-Wei images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif