PDA

View Full Version : "Power fist" brand diamond bits

AndyL
10-20-2005, 07:31 PM
For those working on an external overflow or other glass project...

I bought a couple sets of Power fist brand (from princess auto) diamond cutting wheel sets (5$ish) and a 8pc diamond burr set (9$). Did some practicing last night and this afternoon.

I gotta say - I like em better than the dremel bits I've used previously for projects! I always wanted to try the #545 diamond wheel for notching - if the power fist is any indication - sure a heck of a lot easier than using the 7144 and 7105 bits.

Happy DIY'ing.

Andy

Invigor
10-20-2005, 08:08 PM
I have used the dremel bits, and can agree they aren't very good.

Thanks for the tip...I've been eyeing down the industrial 50pc diamond burr set from lee valley

Salinity Now
10-21-2005, 03:19 AM
Andy, I've tried searching for "Power Fist" and was unable to find any photos of the drill bits. Do you have a shot of what they look like, or maybe a website? I'll be drilling some holes here shortly and could be persuaded to change from the Lee Valley bits.

Static
10-21-2005, 04:03 AM
Power fist is the Princess Auto brand. You can go onto their site and download their flyers in PDF format and try to find a picture.

AndyL
10-21-2005, 04:24 AM
www.princessauto.com

dunno what you need to see them for, they're dremel bits, one looks like a cut off wheel, the other is a box of 8 misc bits - clearly labeled as being DIAMOND cutting wheels/burrs

Andy