PDA

View Full Version : feeder fish

adidas
10-20-2005, 05:20 AM
how har would it be to breed some feeder fish for my lion? or anyone know where I could find real cheap feeders? (minnows, goldfish, danio's, ghost shrimp)

thanks!

JSTR
10-20-2005, 05:47 AM
adidas,

I find it's easier to feed it frozen krill and pieces of silversides. My dwarf readily accepts both of these and frozen mysis aswell.

Use a feeding stick to place the food within stricking distance from the lion, if it continues to ignore it, try wiggling it. If that doesn't work try waiting a couple of days and try again. A hungry lion with eat almost anything, and once it knows its food will come back for more.

Paul

P.S. - If you are having problems with your new lion, shoot me a pm for help.

Doormatt
10-20-2005, 05:50 AM
Just a word of advice, feeding freshwater feeders to saltwater fish can result in vitamin deficiencies.

adidas
10-20-2005, 06:29 AM
Just a word of advice, feeding freshwater feeders to saltwater fish can result in vitamin deficiencies.

ya i've heard that. I am still trying to train him. last week he took a piece of frozen silverside, only right after he took live shrimp, so I guess I should just keep tryin. He does recognize the turkey baster as the food source.

adidas
10-20-2005, 06:31 AM
adidas,

I find it's easier to feed it frozen krill and pieces of silversides. My dwarf readily accepts both of these and frozen mysis aswell.

Use a feeding stick to place the food within stricking distance from the lion, if it continues to ignore it, try wiggling it. If that doesn't work try waiting a couple of days and try again. A hungry lion with eat almost anything, and once it knows its food will come back for more.

Paul

P.S. - If you are having problems with your new lion, shoot me a pm for help.

Thanks. well i ran out of ghost shrimp today, so i let him get hungry, and try in a day or two. If I just cant train him, i'll pm ya. :biggrin: