PDA

View Full Version : A question for Sexy Shrimp owners

Bob I
10-18-2005, 07:57 PM
Because I have a weakness for small things, I ended up buying four 1/2 inch Sexy Shrimps. Ecxept for some snails they are the only mobile occupants of my 21 gallon cube tank. I am wondering if any fish would be safe to add the the tank. If so, which ones. I already have a Yellow Clown Goby, and two Ocellaris clowns in the other tank. :question:

OCDP
10-18-2005, 09:43 PM
I have 3 (used to have 4) sexy shrimp. One fish NOT to have is a Yellow Watchman Goby. Maybe not all are alike.. but mine has always been like a pig, eats absolutely anything (doesnt even have to be food) .. and a sexy just happened to go by his face (powerhead caught the sexy) and the yellow watchman's instincts were to nab it because it was floating food. So yeah... he had a nice 10$ snack.

As for fish to add, I am not sure which ones would eat them.. others will have to chime in.

psuedo
10-18-2005, 10:29 PM
my sexy shrimps live with everything from crabs to other shrimps to yellow tangs sailfin tang a midnight angel and other inverts. They can run and hide if they need to pretty quick. I have had mine for well over a year

Matt
10-19-2005, 01:08 AM
Little buggers like to have an anemone to hide in, I'm told. I have a couple of them, and they've been terrorizing my LPS. First they danced for days on top of my torch, and it didn't like that at all. Then they discovered my pipe organ... sat on it, and every once in a while would dig in a claw and pull out some tasty polyp. GRRR.

They don't have this reputation from what I've heard, but my two are not reef-friendly.

Matthew

OCDP
10-19-2005, 02:30 AM
I have a nice big RBTA and mine dont settle down in it. They are all over the tank

untamed
10-19-2005, 05:26 AM
My Sexys (2) moved immediately into my green carpet anemone. They never stray far from it and seem be happy little scavengers. I've not ever seen them do any damage to anything. In fact, I often wonder where they find food, but they seem to get by.

One is clearly female and fills up with eggs periodically. These are released into the water (much to joy of the fish). Nothing has ever come of this effort for the shrimp.