PDA

View Full Version : Ocean Motions

Ruth
10-18-2005, 03:30 AM
Well I luged enough water to fill my tank up over the closed loop drains and outflows (I never can figure out the correct name for these but you probably get my point)
Anyway I thought what better time to fire this thing up and see if I have any leaks than now. My patience or lack there of had nothing to do with it.
Glad to report no leaks spotted yet!
BUT that Ocean motions thingy is just the coolest thing. You can watch the flow go from one set of outlets to the next to the next to the next. As one deminishes in flow the next one starts up - goes to full blast and then it off to the next one.
Also happy to see how quiet the hammerhead pump is. For the size of it I thought it would be like having a Ford Deisel running in my living room (I'm definately a GM person) but although you can hear it, it's not as loud as I would have thought. Still have to put some foam underneath to see if that won't reduce even more.

BMW Rider
10-18-2005, 05:18 PM
I upgraded my closed loop a bit ago and added an OM 4 Way. You're right, way cool. It is a top quality piece of equipment. I followed the instructions for using lots of teflon tape on the fittings and had no leaks either. The only problem I had was that it was a bit difficult to get the fittings threaded in straight. They wanted to cross thread all the time, somrething in the way the threads were cut I suspect. Took a bit of care, but I finally got them all in straight.

I got the version four drum, which feeds three outlets at a time, but I'm considering ordering the drum that will feed two alternate outlets instead. Which type did you get? The OM is so quiet, the only way I can tell its working is to watch the flow switch between the outlets. I am using a Dolphin Ampmaster 2100 and am very impressed with the flow and noise level from it too.

Ruth
10-18-2005, 08:54 PM
I went with the version 3 and my way of thinking is that with a 6' long tank I would always have some flow in each end of the tank. Time will tell if I made the right choice but it looks good so far. When I first plugged in the pump it was definately more flow than I was anticipating as I was not paying attention to which direction my outflows were pointing and one was pointing straight up. Water was coming out of the top of my aquarium and shooting about 6" over the top. Lucky for me it was staight up so it just fell back down into the tank.

SuperFudge
10-25-2005, 03:59 PM
I love my OM`s too !

version 2`s do not work so well with huge pressure/flow pumps.(6000 gph)
If you dont have too many 90`s, eductors or reducers inline, itll be fine..but thats almost impossible to do.
The pressure kicks the drum over a tad, and makes it bind up abit being that most of the output is coming from one side of the drum.

I since have switched to 2 version 3`s and am 100% happy.
I was originally looking at swirls, but now the way i look at it is i have a total of 8 outputs on OM`s each with the capability of a swirl.

Now try and buy 8 sea swirls...

To boot, I have never seen such service from a vendor besides icecap.
I had a small problem and messaged Paul..expecting a email with a vague reply.

The next day he phoned me at home, went through every part of the OM and how it was applied on my system looking for the flaw, found it, and had the replacement shipped out the following day.

Kudo`s To OM !

Marc.

ree-fready
11-09-2005, 04:14 AM
What kind of coinage for one of these units?

inspector
11-09-2005, 04:57 AM
HI go to there site for info and pricing www.oceansmotions.com
paul

Tarolisol
11-09-2005, 05:48 AM
I love mine to, i cant remember what setting i have in mine. Suck in some air and watch the show, its awsome shows you where all the water is being pushed and all.