PDA

View Full Version : When, How, Why questions.

christyf5
11-30-2001, 01:48 AM
Hi Patrick

When you add fish to your system sometimes there is a little spike in water parameters as the new fish is producing more waste than the bacteria can handle. Usually that isn't a problem in a well developed system though. I guess if you're really keen on checking the water parameters I would think a week would suffice to get everything back to normal. It really depends on your system.

Mixing salt. Well I use Kent salt and I don't let it sit at all. I put the salt in the water, swirl it about until it lookes mixed and add it to the tank. No worries. I don't know about that whole waiting days in advance thing. Maybe I'm missing out on something.

Sorry I have no experience with the clown-anenome thing since I have neither. The clownfish I have seen all seem to be really hot for their anemones so I would think it wouldn't take any time at all, providing you had the right type of anemone.

Hope that helps
Christy images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

BCReefer
11-30-2001, 04:36 AM
When adding fish or corals is there not a little spike in your parameters until the systems gets adjusted to the new additions? If so how long should 1 wait until they start checking everything?

Why should you make your salt water several days in advance? As long as the salt is dissolved which could happen in hours, how can this hurt the system?

How long would it take for clowns to partner with you Anemone?

Why am I asking so many questions? - because I have a 3 year old entering that stage – lord help me!

Many thanks.

Patrick