PDA

View Full Version : Ruth's new tank

Ruth
10-17-2005, 02:07 AM
Well FINALLY got the plumbing parts needed and my newest best friend came and finished plumbing my 190 today. Whoo Hoo! I am starting to fill with water but that probably will take a couple of days. Live Rock is going to be another 10 days before it is here unless someone has 350lbs. of cured live rock they want to sell???????? Anyway here is what I am going with:
190g acrylic tank with black cutting board with a 90g fuge/sump
Closed loop through an ocean motions 4 way - each split twice so 8 outflows into the tank. Driven by a Sequence Hammerhead
2 X 6200 Tunze's on a 7095 controller
Bubble King 400EXT protien skimmer
Grotech calcium reactor with a gas reduction chamber
3 X 400W MH (Geisemann bulbs) with 6 T-5's
Zeovit reactor

This will be a BB tank which will be a first for me so it will be interesting to see how I like it. It will be stocked very lightly - the only fish I would really like is a Naso Tang and maybe a couple of other little colorful fish. Open to suggestions. It will be mainly SPS with maybe a couple of LPS. I am going to run this tank with the zeovit products so will be interesting to see how it works out.

Open to any suggestions on stocking, mods etc.

Psyire
10-17-2005, 03:48 AM
Wow, that's an amazing amount of flow you have planned for. I'm running 2x 6100's in my 180g and they move a ton of water, 6200's would be insane. Not to mention the hammerhead with the OM 4way. Very cool and should be great for a barebottom. (I couldn't bring myself to go BB...)

Tom R
10-24-2005, 05:02 AM
I have a 180G c/w 1" sand bottom and 125G BB. I find that tunze 6100 in the 180 blows all the sand toward one end and under the LR. On the other hand the bottom of the 120G BB has been completely cover with coralline algea. I believe you will be happy with the BB with all that flow.

Tom R

LostMind
01-09-2006, 05:55 AM
Hey Ruth, any updated pics?

Chin_Lee
01-09-2006, 06:12 AM
Ruth
just make sure your tunzes are not point at any acros directly. they will blow the tissues off most acros. I've lost a few when i first got my tunzes (which were only 6080/6060) cuz i thought their "gentle" flow would be great for my acros. But gentle is relative and there is not much gentle to a cone wide stream of 3000+ g/hr for you.

Ruth
01-09-2006, 11:18 AM
Thanks Chin and yeah I found out the hard way as well. I have my tunzes mounted on either end of my tank staggered so one is at the back low and one is at the other end on the tip quite high. The one that blows along the front is pointed more at the glass and the one at the back sort of parallels the glass.